Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Virus at work

Help! I'm stressed!

Last week someone at work was s*, apparently one of her kids was up all night with it the night before. I'd convinced myself it couldn't be a virus cos she'd caught it too quick from him. Then yesterday I went in, spoke to someone who had been up all Sunday night (but still came in to work for half a day - grrrrrrrrrr) being s*. They said someone else in the office had it last week as well. I've also convinced myself I heard at least 3 other people talking about it, but it's a huge office and I've never any idea of who should or shouldn't be in, so I can't tell how many people have actually been off with it.

I've got to go back in today, plus go and work somewhere else for the rest of the week and I'm really scared I'm going to have caught it. I'd been being less careful recently with the warmer weather and this phobia was starting to feel a bit more under control. Now I'm back to square 1 and I'd really like to stay at home, but I can't.

aww hun im sorry your feeling like this.. i think your very brave tho. if it was me i wouldnt go into work,
    im in the midlands and this damn virus is constantly doin the rounds and not let up once this year yet..
    all i can say to ya hun is keep washing those hands and try not to touch your face.
    im sure you will be fine x
    ****** PROBLEMS CANNOT BE SOLVED AT THE SAME LEVEL OF AWARENESS THAT CREATED THEM...... Albert Einstein

I agree with the advice of vicki!
    I live in london and I am always catching the flu, coughs, colds etc but i havn't caught an sv* so far so I count myself lucky.

Wash your hands after going to the toilet, first thing when you get home from work, before preparing food and before eating food.

Take a shower when you get home from work is my other bit of advice.

And, finally, i know it may seem rough, but the only way you can begin to take on this phobia is by confronting so try and look at it this way: if you were to be sick, it wouldn't be so bad. it would last 30 seconds and then it would be over.

Take care!
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Just wash your hands and dont put your fingers in your mouth or rub your eyes or nose. Im sure you will be fine but im just like you, as soon as I hear of someone being sick with v*, I completely freak out. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi

Thanks guys [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I'm a bit calmer now having got through today - I always feel better once I get home as even if the worst happens, at least I'm home. My real dread is being ill at work.