Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

...Like you've let yourself down or failed after having an anxiety attack?

Cos this morning I was getting ready for my great aunts funeral and I suddenly started panicing. I got over it in about 20 minutes though, and was able to go. It's just now I really feel like I've failed..because I couldn't calm myself and had an attack rather than just being anxious. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I just had another one.
    Today has probably been one of the worst days for my anxiety in lonnggg time. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    I don't want to have another later. =(
    And my parents will be home soon, and I'm not hungry at all for dinner. And I haven't been for the last two days in a row.

I don't know what to do. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Aww, yeah I feel like that too but mostly when I miss out on something. So for one, pat yourself on the back for going and not having the panic interfere/stop you. Second, it makes sense that you're anxiety would be higher than normal (as well as a decreased appetite) after a death in the family. Cut yourself some slack. As for another one coming ... worrying about having another one sets you up for another one, I know its hard but keep telling yourself that so what if you do? You've gotten through the 2 you've had already adn you'll get through any future ones. I know how hard that is, trust me, but it's also true. You can get through and by taking the pressure off of "Oh no what if I have another one" you will actually decrease your anxiety. Hope this helps, I'm sorry for your loss.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I feel completely empty, tired and depressed after. Usually it's during the night, so the next morning I feel like heck. And yes, there is that feeling of why couldn't I control it and realize it was anxiety? I put myself through all that for nothing. Not a nice feeling.