Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Fascinating...

Does it ever just seem intriguing to everyone else how nonchalant the rest of the world is about throwing up? I guess nobody likes it... but I wonder all the time how they see it and if they're ever even really scared of getting a stomach virus, or just see it as a bit more annoying version of a cold. It fascinates me, because it's basically my worst nightmare, and so many people couldn't care less.

yeah..my bf is like this..I mean even tho' he's car sick he still eats before going on long trips and eventually feel sick..and of course I am around him and he gets me sooooooo angry and irational really but it sucks being like that. I wish I was at calm as some people when im feeling nausea ..

story of my life

Ema

my sister said v* to her is just like getting diahorrea!
    1. its annoying
    2. it can cause stomach cramps
    3. it isnt unexpected

this supplies me with comfort! because i know that d* i can handle!

Edited by: party_boi3423
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm so fascinated and even envious of people who can just deal with v* as if it's a little fly in the room. Annoying but no big deal.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

I'd say it's more than annoying to most people. It's terrible, actually. Ruins their entire day. Painful, nasty.

The thing is, phobics ruin their entire LIVES with anxiety - not just one day or whatever. So it makes more sense in this world to live your life anxiety-free...and just take whatever lumps may come, knowing they only last a day or so. Really...would anyone who had a phobia of pain ever consider childbirth? And yet we women put up with it knowing the rest of our lives will be enriched by the child, so we can tolerate some pain.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I think Sage hit the nail on the head.

It's especially annoying when they're sick and they hang around you! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

i really do wonder what goes through "normal" peoples minds. my boyfriend knows about my phobia and he thinks im crazy. He never gets sick but he could care less if one day he did. It doesn't upset him at all to see someone v*. When I say to him "omg what if i get sick and v*". He says, "so what if you do? that wouldn't be the end of the world"
    Also my mom tries convining me that there are so many worse things in the world to worry about like cancer. I know you can die from cancer but I never EVER think about it. But I always think about v*!!

Very true, Sage, but hard to do sometimes.

For everyone else, I totally agree. My parents used to say that getting sick is a "natural" bodily function, it protects you, you feel so much better after.....I am sorry but I can't see past any of that.

I asked my hubby once to compare vomiting to something, and he said he disliked it about as much as a shot from the dentist, which is not a big deal at all to him. When he has to, he just does it. Its such a bodily function to him. I envy that so much! I think to most people its a bummer, but maybe in the same way that a raging head cold would be, not like an "I would rather die than get sick right now" kind of way.I wish I was like that.
    JANNA

I only know of 2 celebrities that have Emet:

Matt Lauer
    Denise Richards

Anyone else know of anymore?
    Georgi