Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

AHHH!! I'm so scared
    I'm 14 now so I don't have to really be freaking out but
    I will turn 16 eventually and I have to get my
    wisdom teeth out..
    and the surgery isn't what I'm afraid of..

My sister got hers out last year and
    It wasn't bad until the 3rd or 4th day...

It was like 3:00am
    and me and steph(my sister) were laying in bed(yes we sleep in the same bed ^.^) she quickly jumped out bed and I woke up and said, "whats wrong?"
    she replied,"I dont feel good"
    after that I knew what was coming
    about 5 minutes into her v*(literaly 5 minutes!! I felt really bad for her)
    I relized what she was actually doing and freaked out got mom and she helped her

I went to school that morning and at 3rd period I got a text from my mom that said she had v* about 12 more times since I left!!!!!!

So the point of this story is when I have to get mine out will that happen to me?

and I guess it could've been just a regular sv* but the nurse said that can happen sometimes and my mom was with her all day and she didn't get it...

HOPEFULLY it was just her ;-)

any experinces like that?Edited by: nickle

What makes you think you'll need your wisdom teeth out? I'm 27 and I still have all mine and that's where they're going to stay unless I have a real problem with them. Some dentists are big on taking them all out cause its hard to get back there and brush them, its just a simple surgery right? Well, emet concerns aside, I'm against any surgery that's not needed to preserve life or quality of life. Its hard on some people and not others. Don't worry about it now but its worthing thinking about if there's any alternatives.

well I think I have a pretty small mouth
    so don't know if theres any room
    but if it won't kill me to keep them in
    I could try to convence my mom and dentist to let
    me keep them or maybe give me medicen to
    make sure the v* doesnt happen ^.^ but
    over all I would perfer not to get the surgery at all
    ^.^

hey i had my wisdome tooth removed and it was ok..i felt the fake n* because i always do that but all in all it was ok ! just find a good dentist ..tell him about your fear and if he will understand its going to go just fine

Ema

okay thank you

I had to get two out on the top because they were pushing on my other teeth and making them crooked (after three years of braces we didn't want that to happen!)

I had absolutely 0 n* or anything like that. My cheeks just swelled up and I looked like a chipmunk for a few days ^_^
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

well all these comments make me feel a little more compfortable
    ^.^
    thank you

I had mine out a few years ago and never even felt n. Had iv sedation, asked for an antiemetic to go with it, was out for the whole thing and slept the rest of the day. Woke up hungry and everything. Even a few days later I was fine. What could have happened is your sister swallowed some blood or had it mix w/ some dairy. I laid off dairy for the few days following and slept propped up the first couple of nights. Also ate mashed potatoes and other starchy (absorbant) things. I don't know if that really matters or not, I know people that had ice cream and milk shakes from day one and never got sick. It could have been anything w/ your sister and that's no indication of your own experience. Hope this helps!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I'm 20 and I don't even have my wisdom teeth! when the dentist looked at the x-ray, he didn't even see them.Hopefully I get lucky [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

She could have been allergic to the medication they gave her or if she took medication afterwards, she could have not eaten before or something like that.

My brother had some dental work done and he wasn't eating with his pain meds that they gave him so he v* a few times.Edited by: xmdslatx

i have never heard of anyone v* because of having wisdom teeth taken out, i HIGHLY doubt that's why your sister was being sick. if it was true, and most people did this, it would go along with the rumor of the wisdom teeth being painful.

looking at it logically, how can maybe sore gums cause an upset stomach? its much more likely your sister caught a stomach bug, virus, or ate dodgy food, and it was a coincidence. did she report of pain or anything when she was being sick?

i wouldn't worry about your wisdom teeth, 2 of mine have started cutting through and i have not really had any pain.

and don't worry about your dentists or your mum. you don't have to go if you don't want to, and you don't have to do anything your dentists tell you unless its an emergency. don't let your dentist or mum think they have 100% control on your decisions, let them know you have equal amount of authority on this kind of subject, and so don't worry your self Edited by: kyle1989

V* is also a common reaction to opiates and other pain killers so if there's any correlation that would have to be it. I'd imagine it'd be pretty much unbearable to have any permanent tooth extracted without effective pain medication.

Yeah, I don't understand why the dentist is insisting on extracting them when you turn 16. I have all four wisdom teeth and they are crooked, but they haven't even started coming in even though I am 20 years old. I hope they stay like that forever... The thought of having them taken out terrifies me.

The main reason I'm so scared about getting them taken out is because of the the general anesthesia, which I am petrified of. This is because when I was a little kid (probably about seven or eight), my older sister needed to have surgery to get a benign growth taken out of her arm. The operation went fine, but as soon as she woke up she drank a glass of Coca-cola and then v*ed a few minutes later. I'm positive the reason she got sick was because of the Coke (all bubbly and acidic) on an empty stomach and not the actual surgery, but I am still very traumatized from that.
    ~ Natalie