Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Burping

If there is one thing in life that I hate as much as v* is burping.I hate the sound and talk about the smell ..eeek..I hate when people burp and I hate it when I burp.I feel like im about to t*u* .

Are there anymore "hate burp" people out there ?

YES.
    What I hate more is when you feel like you have to burp, but it gets caught I guess and so you can't.
    I had a bunch of those before I v* last year with a stomachflu (TERRIBLE )...So now I associate burps getting caught and v*...Even though I think like everyone has burps getting caught....They drive me nuts now.

But a thankful thing for me, is when I burp it's always very gentle and quiet haha. Even my 5 year old sister burps louder than me.
    ~~~The One Winged Angel~~~

ABSOLUTELY -- HATE the sound and smell.

In fact, I work with the gassiest men in the world. One guy CONSTANTLY burps then won't even excuse himself.

He will come into my office and burp LOUDLY and trust me the smell is AWFUL and I have told him and asked him not to do that "because I don't want/need to smell your breakfast/lunch" and he claims "THAT I CAN'T SMELL IT".

GROSS, GROSS, GROSS...

And don't get me started with their bathroom habits - LOL!

Burps don't bother me at all. As a kid my dad once told me that burping meant I was digesting so I always welcome them as a positive sign, LoL.

Though I can only burp if I'm sitting up or standing up. Laying down/relaxing I just can't do it.

In regards to other people, it doesn't bother me too much, unless the person ate something like Doritos. Those smell terrible after a burp. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

i have doritos ..they really smell like dog feet

I'd LOVE to burp. Being a person that can't burp, I honour people when they burp, i'm quite jealous except when they do it in my face or something, its makes me feel disgusting.

I'm a notorious burper. I almost never, ever fart. Seriously. All my gas comes out the top. When I was pregnant, it was even worse. I really couldn't control it. It's a little better now, but I feel like a pig when I'm sitting at the dinner table and have to burp as quietly as possible. Sometimes, I belch without warning. I hate it! Now, other people's farts gross me out big time. I can't handle the stench. I can barely handle my son's farts without feeling gaggy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by HDogg
    I'm a notorious burper. I almost never, ever fart. Seriously. All my gas comes out the top. When I was pregnant, it was even worse. I really couldn't control it. It's a little better now, but I feel like a pig when I'm sitting at the dinner table and have to burp as quietly as possible. Sometimes, I belch without warning. I hate it! Now, other people's farts gross me out big time. I can't handle the stench. I can barely handle my son's farts without feeling gaggy.
    I realized that I burp all the time, too and rarely fart. And when I do burp I keep my mouth closed but it's still really loud and drawn out. I don't really notice that I do it anymore but sometimes I stop and wonder if it's noticable and makes me seem like a pig, haha.

My mother was horrible with burping when she was pregnant with my sister. Always burping, always really loud. I think that's when I picked up on the frequent loud burping habit.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

i loveee to burp!!

I love to burp..instant relief. That's funny, I rarely fart because i am a burper! Now if only my hubby would follow me in that...
    JANNA

Burps dont bother me unless they are trapped cuz that hurts or if they are the nasty ones.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I'm glad some of the women understand the need to burp! Its a big relief from all the gas I have, most of the time there's not a vile smell..i don't really like those much either.

i don't burp, they don't bother me, i don't think i know how to burp, with emet, i associate the action and feeling of burping with being S*.

when i eat i get a sudden amount of pressure that kinda makes me pump my chest up, i take it that is meant to be my burp, but i dnt release the pressure out of my mouth lol.

I get grossed out when someone does it more than once. Like when people burp their abcs, that makes me gag for some reason.

My son however gets the gags from people's stinky farts or someone that was in the bathroom for a uhh very long time lol and didn't spray any air freshner.

Haha I've not been able to burp since I became emetophobic - I just make funny croaking noises instead and people give me funny looks!

I was wondering the other day of there are other emetophobes that never burp. I'm pretty sure I've burped maybe three times in my life. (Not counting being a baby and all that jazz of course.) I just don't do it. Nobody believes me when I tell them that...

As long as the burps don't stink, they don't bother me much.

I had having spastic hiccups!!! a few days ago I would hiccup but my whole stomach would go into a weird spasm thing..it was weird.