Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello
    I would like to ask you all something but first
    I would like to share an INSANE story of mine:

I was going into 7th grade and when I went to register I walked down the 7th grde hall and al of the sundden I felt this crazy feeling like this year I know I'm going to get s*.
    But I shook it off but then a day or so before school would start I was crying and hyperventilating my sister came up to me and
    said,"what? whats wrong?"
    I replied,"I know im going to get sick this year"
    "well....you probably are..so?" (she knew about my phobia though)
    "I just have this feeling its going to be November 13(thursday)"

So I got over that and went on with my life..

But then when November 13 came...
    I went over to my friends house(megan) and she gave me this carmel on a stick thing and it was disgusting so I threw it away I already wasn't feeling to well but I was staying for didnner so I had to be polite and eat some of her mom's spaghetti even though I didn't want to.
    So then I went to the bathroom and had d*
    but I just told myself, "okay thats okay some people just get I sometimes"
    So I stayed positive ^.^
    But when I got home I didn't feel good at all I started freaking out
    crying
    hyperventilating
    shaking
    sweating
    then I had this odd feel in my throat like there was a burp
    and so I sat up and tryed to burp but
    uhh
    it wasnt a burp at all..
    I tu* all over my bed and some on my mom (xD)
    then I did it again later that night but I made it to
    the bathroom

So yeah I just thought that was pretty crazzy
    but the point of this noval-like-post
    was I have had grudges on:
    November
    Thursdays
    Spaghetti
    Carmel

and listen to my feelings and take them to extreme measures

And when I was in really bad shape I used to wake up every morning and ask myself, "am I going to get s* today?" and then the first thing that poped in my head I would go on with for the whole day (Thank goodness I don't do that anymore)

But does anybody do that kind of stuff too?
    or..just me X)
    Edited by: nickle

I always think that like "Today is the day" it just feels like it...but it isn't...I always think I'm gonna be sick sometime soon..and I wasn't for like...6 years...and then I got sick and now I feel like that feeling is back. It's strange. But I know what you mean.

Also, the reason you got sick on Nov 13th was probably due to you convincing yourself you were gonna get sick.
    Psychology is a nasty thing sometimes haha xD.

Some people who have phobias of other things like flying...will actually worry so much they get sick.
    So what you did was the same thing, I think...You started hyperventalating and losing control and so you got sick. Cause generally for the most part Stomach viruses and such don't bother you for a whole day...Usually they are like: Oh I don't feel good...-sick- Or with even less warning. Some people are different, but yeah.

Try not to let yourself think like that

Also Spaghetti is on my hate list too
    As well as Feb, April, May.
    ~~~The One Winged Angel~~~

I do that kind of stuff too.

Last time I had a sv* was when I was 15...and I had been on the computer all day, sunday afternoon, the windows were open and I could smell the smoke from the grill coming inside. For the longest time all of those things made me really nervous.

The last time someone in my house got sick was the one night I decided to not keep the light over the oven on. It wasn't "that" kind of sick but I thought for a while that it might happen. I NEVER cut that light out at night now. I feel like it's bad luck and someone might get sick if I do.

Also, about those weird feelings...I've learned not to ignore them. I had a feeling like that once when my brother was coming to stay the night with me...I just had a bad feeling like I shouldn't let him and I felt like he would be sick. I thought it was just my phobia making me panicky and I ignored it...and I was right. I don't ignore my instincts anymore.

[img]smileys/smilies_15.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That is pretty normal for an emet, Nickle. Lots of us have grudges against months and days of weeks and foods (and certain pajamas, and certain colors of pajamas, and certain drinking glasses, and certain colors of drinking glasses, and certain songs that were popular at the time, and certain things that were on TV at the time).

Do you also have grudges against your friend and her mother?

Doug

Edited by: gumdropper1
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You're not alone in the grudges department.

When I was younger, my dad and I went to the ROM, which is an awesome museum. I'm not sure what happened, but I got sick later that night. Looking back on it, it was probably the hot-dog I ate at the museum, but I still can't go there. Not that it matters, because I'm a few provinces away now.

I also had a dress I couldn't wear after I got sick the day I wore it, and still can't eat macaroni-and-cheese and pork roasts.

And grduges against people? Only a couple.

I never considered them as grudges, but growing up I would stay away from certain foods I had eaten before I v* or clothes I had been wearing when I did, but it never lasted long.

A few times when I was in grammar school and high school I had dreams that someone at school would v*, and then the next day someone would v*. It was never the person I had dreamed about, but it would happen. I always thought I had a weird premonition about it or something.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

Chinese food and worrying a lot more during the colder months which I think of as v* season. Not quite true in my case though I've been sick in July, August, December January and February. Not quite a grudge though just increased anxiety and I will not touch Chinese food.

Whatever made me sick the times I have v*, I have never eaten again. Turkey sandwich from Arby's [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Georgi

ahh sorry for the late replys i just moved in so i havnt been on all day and checked my post...

taner:
    ahh i never thought of it like that..that slightly makes me even more freaked out that i can make myself sick though XD
    but im doing alot better i take medicen that kind of turns off those "feel like im going to be sick" days

laylamommy:
    haha okay its good to know im not the only one who does that kind of stuff XD like once I v*ed on my dads white chair but i don't remeber it because i think i was asleep when it happened cause i just woke up in my v* but anyway I'm afraid if I sit in it I will get sick again
    O.O
    that kind of stuff amazes me it just freaks me out how ESP we can be O.O

gumdropper1:
    hahaha
    well not quite, she was my best friend since kindergarden until now, i moved away so 9 years of friendhip was just wasted T-T
    but i did stop eating at her house for awle XD

twilightrose:
    ahh good..i began to think i was just going crazzy, im sorry about your dress though :-(
    yeah i dont have many grudges against people either
    i get over things pretty quickly

wackydeli:
    thats pretty weird though i have severe deja vu sometimes and that freaks me out xD

jkl81:
    hahaha yeah i stay away from taco bell not only did i get sick from it so did my sister so yeah i never eat there XD

grgygrl:
    haha im sorry..i didnt know they had turkey sandwhich at arby's o.O

Avoiding Taco Hell is a good thing for your general health not just emet.

I'm very glad more and more medications are coming out for these things haha. Like fast acting Gravol. <3 Wonderful stuff. It's two gravols in one without the nasty taste and it acts very quickly!

Haha. But yeah...I'm trying to think of more grudges I have...I hate the time 11:46pm cause I remember I got sick then...

I can't play a certain video game anymore (Tales of the abyss - for those who are interested) because I got sick the night I played it. It was a good game too!

~~~The One Winged Angel~~~

jkl81:
    yes for sure, they use the nasty-est meat
    of the cow :P

taner:
    haha when i was a bit younger i would always waiuntill 11:00pm and if i didnt get sick by then i would always think i was in the clear for that day XD

ahh! i do that too! conker's bad fur day i dont play anymore but i never got sick after i played it but when i used to wach my sister play it i used to feel sick so i just leave it on the shelf collecting dust XD
    but it wasn't a good game anyway, impossibal to finish levels and just disgusting :P