Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone came close to being v* on during a ride?

A few years ago I came very close from being v* on and it scared the crap out of me! it was a ride much like this one:

only the riders are facing each other inside the circle.When the ride swung up (I was at the bottom and the kid was directly over me) His face looked like he was about the v*.

I couldn't enjoy the rest of the ride because I was paranoid! when it finished and we were able to get off, I rant out the exit in fear that he might still v* and he did once me and my bro got out of there (thank god we left in a hurry!)

Another ride I went on was completely disgusting.The people never hosed off the v* on the ground and it was dried up all around the rides.blah.

I am now very cautious every time a ride faces out into the crowd.Edited by: xmdslatx

I don't think any amount of money could get me to go on that thing. [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

I tend to avoid amusement parks because I am scared of people getting sick there. One event that I'm certain contributed to my emetophobia was when I was a little kid (about six or seven years old) and I was forced to ride the Tilt-a-Whirl at the county fair. I was already emetophobic by that time, and I did everything I could to not go on the ride, but I was dragged on anyway. For some reason my parents thought this would make me less scared of carnival rides, but it just made my fear 100 times worse... I was crying and terrified the entire time.

And the icing on the cake - after the ride from hell was over I went to go get a drink from a water fountain and there was a whole bunch of v* all over it! The sight of that after being on the ride traumatized me so much that I think I can safely call that the most terrifying day of my life (much worse even than days when I actually v*ed myself). That day really cemented my phobia into the deepest parts of my mind.
    ~ Natalie

That is disgusting! at least the person could have aimed for the garbage[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

I absolutely LOVE the tilt-a-whirl and roller coasters, but unfortunately, I can never step foot on one again.
    I imagine myself having a panic attack or the ride getting stick [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

i have never gone on rides since i can remember, and tbh, i think a bad experience on a ride making me v* might have caused my emetophobia, but I'm not sure.

i NEVER go on ANYTHING like that. i havent had a bad experience at teh amusement park yet because i only go on "safe" rides. i hate the ones that twirl, or hold you upsidown, or drop you real fast. i only go in fun houses, slides, swings, and sometimes this one where you are on a platform, and teh platform goes up in a circle and down that way too. if ya wanna see it look up amusement park rides rainbow.

I don't live to far from Cedar Point and people think I'm crazy for not going. I went in 9th grade and rode a few rides but emet aside, theme parks aren't my thing. The lines are way too long for the 45 sec thrill. I've never even come close to v* on a ride or seen anyone else v* on a ride.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

When I was young, I used to go on safer rides like the carousel, little cars, etc. But I did really love the Sizzler (or Scrambler). It's the ride where you sit in your own "car" and it just sort of swings you in different directions. You had to be careful which side you sat on otherwise you would get squashed by the other people you are sitting with. I don't recall having emet then, before 10 years old, and I loved fairs, carnivals, etc. That was the innocent age, where you don't worry about the food, water, washing hands, seeing sick people, what you ate, germs....etc. Now, forget it. I almost wish I could try rides when there is no one there and they could stop them if I wanted to get off.

Hey I'm also not far from Cedar Point (and what used to be Geauga Lake or Six Flags Ohio for a while). I'm a roller coaster girl. NOTHING THAT GOES IN CIRCLES at all although I used to love the Sizzler, the Round-up and the Tilt-a-Whirl when I was younger.

My motion sickness is so bad now (at age 40) that I can't even play video games with motion sequences (driving a car, riding a roller coaster etc). I actually get motion sickness (my family still won't let me live down the time we were at Chuck E Cheese and I was playing a racecar game with my best friend we were racing against one another -- well I had to get out of the "car" midgame because I started feeling s*!!!

I laugh at myself but know my limits -- dramimine is my friend!!!

i love rollercoasters but I would never go on this!!
    It has yuck written all over it lol!
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I REFUSE to go on rollercoasters, tilt o whirl, pirate ship, tea cups(seems harmless but all the spinning..you get the idea) or anything like that.

I like Disney because they have so many safe rides LOL. Pirates Of The Carribean, It's A Small World, Splash Mountain(have never heard of anyone getting sick on that one. I don't even want to think about Space Mountain..), The Haunted Mansion, etc. They have their scarier rides for whoever wants them but I really enjoy the sit in the car and ride through animatronics rides lol.

Quote Originally Posted by andee
    I almost wish I could try rides when there is no one there and they could stop them if I wanted to get off.
    Exactly! that is the only way I will ride another ride.

Quote Originally Posted by new.slang
    I don't live to far from Cedar Point and people think I'm crazy for not going. I went in 9th grade and rode a few rides but emet aside, theme parks aren't my thing. The lines are way too long for the 45 sec thrill. I've never even come close to v* on a ride or seen anyone else v* on a ride.
    Grrr! I've been wanting to go there for the longest time but even if I am ever in that area I don't think I can bring myself to it.
    So I just go on the website and watch the ride simulations and pretend like I'm riding them weee! lol.

I used to be a theme park freak but not anymore.What I would give to go back to those summers! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I have spent so much time at amusement parks. I live next to Magic Mountain and we had season passes most of our lives (my sister and I) and there has only been one time I saw someone v* and it was after this drunk lady got off the teacups at Knott's Berry Farm. She went to the bushes v* started laughing and started drinking her beer again. Crazy I tell ya

I hve been to many a them park nd not once seen v* or seen someone v*!I have seen many people look ill butnever have been!I love anytihng that doesnt spin me, or tip me I get such bad motion sickness I just can't do it,buti love drop rides, if i do go to a theme park i eat minimall food so i can be surenothing can come up!Though I came close on a ride! Actualyl itwas the rainbow, iwas on it and i suddenlythought omg my dinner is going to return and for those few minutes i had to use everybone in my body to stop me frm t*u* lol
    NEVER AGAIN shall i do that lol

Yes, my sister tossed up after a ride once. I don't remember the name of it, but it is the same ride that caused the chain reaction vomiting in the movie "The Sandlot." She didn't puke on the ride but afterward so there was no danger of me getting puked on.

I have also seen people puke as they exited an amusement ride or soon after, but I have not been in the line of fire from the puke.

Once two friends and I were about to board an Octopus and didn't notice the car had been freshly puked in. I think one of my friends got a little on him as he got into the ride without looking. Then the man from the carnival cleaned the ride. It was horrible to look at and I didn't want to get in that car after that.

My fear is of vomiting myself. It is bad enough worrying about vomiting myself without having to worry about what other people are going to puke. I have to believe that I wouldn't puke from getting puke on me. We emets are very strong that way.

Doug, who adores some carnival rides
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

You know, my son who is now four, was three when he went on space mountain at Disney. (Seems young but he was tall enough and loved it. He went on it three times!)We are going again in February and I am already kind of freaking out about him going on the ride again. My husband took him on it last time and I remember each time I was panicking while they were on the ride that my son would get sick. I knew I wouldn't have to SEE it, but the thought of him doing it scared me and made me feel bad for him. He didn't do it LOL but now i'm afraid he will this time.

My son was tall enough for most of the rides there and I refused to let my husband take my son on that big thunder mountain railroad LOL I was like NO WAY..Space Mountain was bad enough..

i was on the octopus once and got puked on. and i got puked on in the gravitron.ech! i havent ridden rides in ages, the last ride i rode was when i was 16, i rode the pirate boat thingy that swings back and forth. i felt sick afterward, but wasnt sick. i went on it to impress a guy [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I'll go on some roller coasters, nothing too extreme or thatn spins a lot, when I go to Six Flags here in NJ. I love Nitro and El Toro, omg. I always have a little fear in the back of my head of something happening like a person sitting in the row in front of me getting sick and it getting on me, or seeing someone sick in general getting off a ride or something, but I usually keep it in the back of my head and try to forget about it and have a good time.

So far, so good. Never saw any v* or got v*ed on. Woot.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

I have a funny (sort of) story about disneyland. I was at the california adventure park with friends and they were trying to get me to go on california screamin- its a rollercoaster with one upside down loop. I watched it going for about an hour, and decided I would give it a try. I got in line, and was working myself up the whole time. Telling myself it would be fine, and how brave I was. So we finally get to the front of the line. and I start to get in the seat, when the ride conductor asks me to get off, that they would be pulling up a new car for us. So everyone gets out, and the car starts rolling by. The second to the last seat is covered in v*.. I was trying to find a way out, and by friend held on to me so I wouldnt run. Then the clean car came up, and people started getting in. I decided "what the hell" and got in anyway! I rode the ride, and was screaming obscenities at the top of my lungs through the whole thing. (that was a scary one) there was a little kid sitting in front of me that was laughing at me as we got off. I did it, but I will never do it again.

BTW, that is the only time I have ever seen v* at disneyland or any other amusement park.

--Kim

I cannot even enjoy rides anymore without terrible anxiety..not even the damn merry go round!

My cousin was v* on by my uncle when they went on a roller coaster..he was sitting directly in front of him.I have a weird thing about people sitting in back of me for this reason (even in movie theaters I think somebody is going to choke on their popcorn and v* all over me lol)

One ride that I will never go on again not even if someone paid me a million bucks is "the zipper".I HATE THE ZIPPER.
    I went on with my brother when we were younger and I looked at his face..it was paler than heck..luckily my dad stopped the ride(we were the only ones on it) I don't know what would have happened if he didn't [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Edited by: xmdslatx

alycat, i was recently at disney and rode space mountain for the first
    time and I LOVED IT (i actually went on twice, and went on numerous
    other rides my bf deemed "safe"--- he would really never let me get s*
    intentionally, he's great like that... it was so great to conquer my fear of
    rides) unless someone has absolutely horrible motion sickness, i can't
    picture anyone getting sick on that ride. it's a simple roller coaster, no
    spinny motions or anything like that. the rides that typically cause
    motion sickness are the ones that spin, not smooth roller coaster that
    go in one direction.

I think with Space Mountain it's the fact that it's so fast and it's in darkness so you have NO clue what is happening next, whether you will go up or down or what. I think part of it is the speed for me and part of it is the anxiety fo not knowing and not being able to see.

Space mountain is super fun.. I actually don't think it's that intense. Spinny rides/rides that go in circles over and over, however, nope, won't do it. I doubt I would get sick if I did since I don't get motion sick, but I know others do. Ugh.
    Bee Bop!

I guess I must be the weird one then LOL because to me space mountain is intense. I don't like roller coasters anyway but one that's in the dark where you don't know what's going on is even worse. I hate rollercoasters AND the spinny, twirly rides.

I normaly only get motion sick on boats. I am fine on cars and planes but I dunno, I do NOT like Space Mountain LOL

well i wont go on any rides.. lol poor me i always want to go on them but the only thing stopping me is the fact i might v* from them.. ohh ive been on the crazy mouse lol and thats it!! and the big wheels! .. woo goo me

I love rides like that, sadly I wont go on any ride that puts me at risk of hearing v**** or getting it on me... Thankfully, I have found that getting surrounded by friends you know wont get sick helps.

I love this ride, but I ran off it before it started one year because a kid in front of me was forced on it by his brother. The kid way crying and stuff... People who force people on rides sicken me. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by abbey_16
    well i wont go on any rides.. lol poor me i always want to go on them but the only thing stopping me is the fact i might v* from them.. ohh ive been on the crazy mouse lol and thats it!! and the big wheels! .. woo goo me
    is that the mild roller coaster that makes sharp turns like you are going to fly off the side?

I was at an amusement park recently and stayed at the waterpark the whole time. I don't want anything to do with roller coasters. Years ago I went on a few small ones and like log rides n stuff but never the fast loopy, twirly, spinny rides. It's hard to even watch them! I love water parks though.

I am sticking to water parks.That way I don't feel trapped in a ride..the only thing that freaks me out is if someone v* in the water.

I doubt that would happen though..usually for roller coasters.

I love roller coasters..but i cant seem to get over the anxiety when im waitin in line (even though ive never gotten s* on them) i cant get the thought outta my head what it i v*..the last time i was at a theme park i had a gallbladder attack and was too sick to ride im glad i didnt get on this one cuz they had to clean it up cuz someone v* all over it..ive seen it twice at a park..cant do the carnival rides though i know i will get s*..yes the crazy mouse is the one that makes u feel like u gonna fall off the side..scares me more than the bigger rides