Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

When I developed emetophobia, I started getting high levels of anixety and getting panic attacks.

See, a lot of people that i have come across usually get the common racing heart symptom and the tightening of the chest, like they are having a heart attack.

Every time I get a panic attack I get that feeling like you do right before you v*.Every time.That is why I am so anxious.

A friend told me about an amino acid called "L-Theanine" and I finally went to a local health food store to pick some up.

I literally am in love with this product.

If I was every stranded on a island and couldn't bring a loaded gun (lol) I would bring many,many,many bottles of L-Theanine.

I would get so anxious before bed when I had to go to work the next morning all I would to is pop two of those suckers in my mouth and my anxiety would disappear.I would finally be able to get some sleep.

It might not work for everyone, but it is defiantly worth a try.I don't want to turn to drugs so I hope I never build a resistance to this (if it's even possible)

Product website:
    http://www.suntheanine.com/

supplement information:
    http://web-us.com/l-theanine_anxiety_reducer.htm

thanks for sharing this, i may try it, does it state any side effects?

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1989
    thanks for sharing this, i may try it, does it state any side effects?

It has just been recently introduced to the US market...Japan have been the ones to do studies on it.
    Theanine is found in green tea.

Individuals with high stress levels may increase their dosage of L-theanine to at least 100 mg, with no more than 600 mg being taken in a six hour period. FDA recommends a maximum dose of 1200 mg daily, although the reason for this limit is not clear, due to its demonstrated safety.

There are no known adverse reactions to L-theanine and no drug interactions have been reported. L-theanine is not affected by food and may be taken anytime, as needed.

Pregnant women are not advised to take it.