Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

okay, I'm going doctors, can anyone list some decent meds for anxiety, anti emetics, anti nausea drugs?

i live in the uk, but if i can have the names, i can ask my doctor to prescribe them for me, *saves me paying for them*.

any general tips to what i should say to my doctor is welcome too.

My anti-emetic of choice is Phenergan, generic name is promethazine.

Tell your dr. the truth! I can't stress that enough. Make sure you tell him about your phobia and try to explain it well. That way they will be able to prescribe you what's best for you. You might want to get a pill you can take while feeling anxious, like Atavan or something you take everyday for anxiety, like Lexapro or you may want both. Don't be shy or embarrassed. Good luck.

Quick edit: Just read that you've never tried any antiemetics. Ginger pills really help calm my stomach when I feel sick. Also, I always have regular Dramamine and non-drowsy Dramamine on me. They are otc but are very helpful. Even something like peppermint tea might be helpful for you. Of course there's pepto bismol as well. Pepto is quite powerful at supressing v*. Check out your local pharmacy, they have lots more anti emetics then you might think. Edited by: new.slang
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I agree....tell the doc everything, especially about your anxiety.
    Anti-anxiety meds (xanax, ativan, valium) can be addictive so you need to be careful, but they are nice to have.
    Also, anti-depressants help with anxiety, obsessions, depression, etc. Some are zoloft, celexa, paxil, lexapro, prozac...
    If the doc will prescribe and anti-emetic (I use compazine) just to have on hand, that would be good too. My doc gives me 15, and I rarely use them, but it is great peace of mind.
    So...good luck and hope it helps you...

phernergan is sold over the counter in the uk, just pick it up at any chemists, its sold as a sleep aid. just tell them you have trouble sleeping and they will sell it to you.

okay, im back from the doctors, i told him everything (on that note, i am not actually embarrassed about this problem, im pretty good at explaining things, but he hasn't heard of this emetophobia before)

in any case, he understood, (i showed him about emetophobia on Google on his computer lol)

and im gonna be going back in a few weeks to talk about counseling, on that appointment im gonna ask about getting therapy cheaper than full price, and also about anti anxiety/depressants.

in the mean time he has given me Prochlorperazine 5mg tabs, im gonna see how i go with these when ever i get nausea.

on that note Andee, have you tried this when u have had genuine nausea? were they really effective? and are they fast effecting?

have they stopped you from being sick.. do they work when you need them too?

thanks for everyone's replies to my topic, it was appreciated : )

YES and YES and YES...they only failed once but that was because I waited waaaay too long to take them and I don't even think they dissolved in my stomach yet before _________. I take them whenever I am soooo panicky and nauseous. And the last time I am sure I had some sort of SV and I took them and tried my hardest to prevent it and thank God it worked. That was a really close one too. I think mine are 15 mg though.

has anyone else tried buccastem? sold over the counter for migraines but a gp said they were okay to use for nausea of any type, when i explain my problem...ive never been able to test them properly as ive not had true nausea for a long time