Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hi i'm new here and i'm panicking right now. at noon today, i opened a new can of lipton ice tea, but on my desk i left a can i drank a few days ago and forgot to throw it away. and being an idiot, i accidentally drank from the old can. it tasted a bit different and smelled kinda strong but i went ahead and drank a few gulps before i realized. AHHH! help. i'm really really scared now. Am I going to be food poisoned now?

i very very very VERY VERY much doubt it!

thers not gnna be much in iced tea to give u food poisoning, its not mde of eggs or meat after all is it??

i drink left over drinks that have been there for a while, ALL THE TIME>

im sure ur gnna be fine.

Jen xxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Um... I do not know, but I would doubt it. Wht is really in iced tea that can really make someone sick? Hmmm....let's see.... did the iced tea can have a message, "Refrigerate after opening"? Now, even if it did, they may be saying that for quality. I mean, drinks like tht taste better cold, and if it is cold, the quality would be better and it would get people to keep on buying the product. I do not know if that is a "spoiling" thing or not, if it did have that message. It doesn't seem like iced tea would have something in it to go bad. I doubt you'll get sick. Also, welcome to the community!

Elizabeth

Nah, its harmless. Nothing in it to hurt you, I dont understand why you think it would?

Yeah im sure it will be fine. I mean its like hot tea, if you leave it, it goes cold but it doesnt go bad. Ice tea probably keeps its regular state because it cant go hot or go any colder.

Best Wishes, Chris

PS: WELCOME TO THE SITE!
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't worry sweetie, I've drank old stuff before and there's nothing to worry about, honestly, just sit back and relax, everything's fine, you will not get sick.....

Take care and remember your ok!

thanks for your replies.the can does say to refrigerate after opening.i feel like an idiot to have not thrown the can away after drinking it half way through and leaving it out in the open for so long like that. all i can say is that at least it wasn't milk instead. but still kinda worried cause the ice tea did have a strong smell to it. Edited by: cottagers

it is just like any tea if you leave it out it does smell a lot stronger when left. You are fine though. It would taste the same way if you had opened and drank it warm. Blech. You are fine. Even juice would have been fine. Again it would have tasted gross but it isn't going to make you sick.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Ps it would say refrigerate after opening but that is because it will taste better cold.
    Also Welcome to the site. I hope that you find us friendly, helpful and informative.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Welcome to the site!

I'm sorry you're so worriedand I can understand why but I do think you'll be ok. My flatmate once drank coke that was 2 weeks old and she was FINE!! Try not to worry.

Chloe
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Quote Originally Posted by chloe

Welcome to the site!

I'm sorry you're so worriedand I can understand why but I do think you'll be ok. My flatmate once drank coke that was 2 weeks old and she was FINE!! Try not to worry.

Chloe

Im in lovee with your avatar... [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]