Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm sorry, you all must be so sick of hearing about my marital and migrative missions, but I just have to share this!!

My husband's I130 visa, after waiting since October 10, 2007, has been APPROVED!!! I just got the email from the USCIS saying the approval letter has been mailed.

I can't begin to tell you guys how relieved, thankful, excited and absolutely EXHAUSTED I am. The last few months have been completely brutal, with the last week or so even worse... I had really begun to think that he was going to just give up. He quit his job, and was planning on moving back in with his parents in the beginning of next month. I applied for (and was denied) a visitor's visa to go be with him there while we waited. Everything's just been SO awful, and now this... this finally finally FINALLY renews my hope.

Thanks to everybody who's listened to me spout about this in the past couple of months since joining this site, and for the support you all give-- not just with emet issues, but with LIFE and living well and weathering all sorts of little ups and downs. Thank you so, so much.
    Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

That is a fantastic blessing Lyntess, now you all can begin your life together in earnest. Very happy for you.

yay!! that's great news!! i'm so happy for you and your husband!!

YAY! Congratulations! Its about freakin time lol.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks, jkl, it feels like it's been SO TOUGH getting here-- but really the only difficulty was the wait. It's not like we had any problems getting the application to go through... just had to let things take their course.

And I have to say, I'm SO GLAD I didn't let everybody bully me into writing to a senator or something. I have said from the beginning that we just needed to wait our turns, that the backlog was fully advertised by the USCIS, etc etc. I am not the kind of person that complains to get a free meal, LET ALONE get something like this treated specially... I just feel like it's much more honorable to play by the rules, ESPECIALLY when the rules are as clearly advertised as they were for this.

18 months was the "average" processing time we were given, and they posted updated information every month on the website. They alerted me EVERY TIME our application was touched, moved, etc, and as soon as they sent the approval letter, I got an email. I'm so pleased, so relieved, and just generally grateful. We'll see if the process from here is smooth, but for the moment... yay! Contentment! Excitement! Hope.

Heck they beat the average time. Our system is screwed up but its definitely more honorable to play by the rules and such.

Exactly! I was prepared to give it AT LEAST a year before I really started to get concerned, and it would have been a year in October. Couldn't have asked for more!

CONGRATULATIONS! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] That's great news! I'm so happy for you.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.