Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: smokers

How many of you guys are smokers out there? this is just a curious question as I have semi-given up. I used to smoke about 10 cigarettes a day but now i just have one on occassion (eg. parties, at a bar, when i'm in spain (so common there!))

No specific reason, i was just curious lol.

ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I used to smoke half a pack a day but I quit about 4 years ago.

i have never smoked marijuana (partially because i'm afraid it will
    make me s*, and if you take a big enough hit, you will cough until
    you gag and possibly v*- i know so many people this has happened
    to), and i'm not a "smoker" per se, but i have smoked cigarettes... i'd
    say maybe 50 or 60 total over the past 3 or 4 years, and i've sworn
    off of them completely now (my poor grandfather has horrible
    emphysema, and i NEVER want to end up like him... he's like a
    walking, talking ad for that Truth company). the first time i tried a
    cigarette i honestly almost v'ed. i was 18 at the time (most kids at
    my school began smoking at 12 or 13 [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] but i was a competitive
    dancer and an emet lol, so i never wanted to try or get involved).
    honestly though, after the first couple times i tried, they no longer
    made me feel n*, they actually made me relaxed. HOWEVER, they
    are horrible for your health... not only in the long-run, but in the
    short-run as well... they wreak havoc on your immune system (my
    sister smokes and is sick ALLLLLL the time), make your breath and
    fingers smell, give you headaches, and turn your teeth yellow. being
    an emet, i don't want my immune system to suffer at all. sorry for
    such a long response, i'm just very opinionated and have a lot to say
    about smoking. i'm forever trying to get my 18 year old sister (who
    has been smoking since 14 or 15) to stop.

I've been smoking about 3 years now and it has never bothered me. Im 17. It used to make me go dizzy at the start but its never made me feel sick or anything. I have smoked marijuana alot of times i dont now but it never effected me with vomit, it used to make me very hungry and tired.

I have never smoked marijuana - I am completely against it! Sorry folks who have smoked marijuana lol!

Cigarettes I have no problem with - just as long as one smokes in moderation!

I don't smoke anything. I'm not "against" it, it's just too risky for highschool.

Might I ask why you're against marijuana and not tobacco or alcohol.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

oh I didnt know this was about marijuana too. I smoked more than my fair share of marijuana in my teen years.

I have never smoked cigarettes because I've heard several stories about them making people v*. Also, they're addictive.
    ~ Natalie

Well, Marijuana is "a drug too far", if that makes sense. in england, people's lives have been ruined by their addiction to drugs (i refer to illegal drugs... not cigarettes or alcohol.) Therefore, marijuana is a drug that brings people to their lowest level and I am determined to never to stoop to this level.

However, alcohol addiction has ruined lives so I could just be biased lol.

I have smoked in the past but haven't in about 18 years. I've also smoked marijuana as well. I never v* from it and actually felt pretty darn good. I believe in it as Marinol (medical marijuana) for people with cancer as it helps when they are going through chemo with the horrible n* and v*. If it help someone in illness, then I'm all for it.
    Georgi

party_boi... alcohol can bring people to pretty low levels too... much
    lower than marijuana. just because something's legal doesn't mean it's
    something safer than what's illegal...

Yeah I do. A few a day. I'm a somewhat light smoker.

I wonder how many emets smoke?
    I wonder if its a common thing among emets..Hmmm

I don't do marijuana though, I don't like the whole mind altering thing so much. Plus I've heard nightmare stories for an emet. Haha
    ~~~The One Winged Angel~~~

I don't, but my husband does. I would love for him to quit but at the same time I know how hard it is for anyone smoking to quit(i've never smoked but have had addictions to food-I know that sounds weird but for a long time I suffered from compulsive overeating and my life revolved around food and I became quite obese and it was very hard to lose the weight and I still struggle.) and I know how utterly grouchy he gets when he isn't able to have them (I fear for what a week without cigarettes would be like with him around) so I don't push the subject of him quitting. However, I Do have to remind him to brush his teeth and listerine after practicly every cigarette because he literally REEKS..his breath is often terrible from smoking and he accidentally brushed his hand against my lips once to grab something over my head and I could TASTE the tabaco on his fingers. NASTY.

So I try and not be mean or rude about letting him know his breath stinks but at the same time when someone with ashtray/catbox breath is wanting to be extra close to you or kiss you they have to make an effort to at least freshen up LOL

He also leaves cigarette butts in cups and cans and doesn't always remember to let you know he used your can [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I don't have anything against smokers, as long as they are willing to have a mint or something before they breath on me Edited by: alycat27