Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I would like to know what others do when you start thinking about v* and how it will eventually happen some day no matter what. This is my biggest down fall. I do well for a while and as you all know that is when you think "my time must be coming, I have been feeling O.K" Sometimes I just feel like there will never be a time when I will be able not to think this. I just feel hopeless.
    I\'m so tired but I can\'t sleep, standing on the edge of something much too deep, funny how you feel so much but can

not say a word, We are screaming inside but can\'t be heard.

Aww I know its hard. I sometimes think, "gosh I dont want to be like this (so worried) for the rest of my life, just worrying and wondering and waiting" but then I stop myself because the truth is we dont know. Which is probably the scariest part. I've known people that aren't emets that rarely, if ever since I've known them (some my whole life) v ... well maybe from drinking but thats a choice to drink and how much. I know its hard to rationalize but worrying about "if" or "when" does nothing but steal our time when we're healthy. Maybe finding a way to distract yourself from those thoughts and changing them to something more positive like "Im healthy now and I'm going to enjoy it." Hope this helps.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

awww i really no how you feel. It is hard to think positive when our fear is something that people do quite often. The only thing that really helps me is that my boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and I told him 2 years ago about my fear of v. He is the type of person that used to do it ALL THE TIME! he was really known for it, like from drinkin, or a bug, just everything. and after I came clean, he has not done it since.. he told me he just doesn't let it out and that he used to do it just to get rid of the nausea. So if he can avoid doing it.. then any of us can! and also it helps me to think that we have faught the v for so long that the day we actually do it (if we do it) it will be because we absolutley have to. I mean you could probably agree that we have all been through some pretty brutal nausea so it would have to be something major for it to happen. Also sometimes I think the day that actually happens maybe I will realize that its not so bad, like so many people have said, and this fear will be gone and I could live at peace finally. I hope this helped a little, I kind of rambled [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] lol.

well, all 3 of you have pretty much spelled out how i feel, and camelot, thinking about it makes me dread it, and its been getting me down lately.

i try and think like this, being positive -

"at the end of the day, you may suffer but what ever happens, your going to be find after, you might even feel better, but more importantly, its not the end of the world, life doesn't stop here,you'll be fine"

theirs things in life we should be alot more concerned about.

and that's how i try to think, although i find it very difficult to remain thinking like this when i do feel sick. :S

Thanks Guys...Kyle I often tell myself that there really are worse problems in the world and people suffering everyday. And then I usually feel guilty and more ashamed of this....Tootsie today I celebrate my 3 year anniversary with my husband. We have been together for 10 years he knew me before I realized what this phobia was at the time I was starving and hurting myself. It makes me happy to hear that you have a supportive BF. They will never realize how the simple things they do to help us keeps us in our right mind. Thanks again I am just fearing that I have been starting to regress in old habits. This does help. Thank You
    I\'m so tired but I can\'t sleep, standing on the edge of something much too deep, funny how you feel so much but can

not say a word, We are screaming inside but can\'t be heard.

Ahhh I think the same thing everyday. But I basically think the same thing Kyle does. Although yeah, it's basically impossible to think that way when you're in the midst of the anxiety.

glad i could help