Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello!

For the first time, I've been living on my own and I think I've fared pretty well for the first week!

I got a case of D* and panic'd and thought I was about to V* when I just said to myself: This is all in your head, stop it!. And kept repeating that and before I knew it that feeling of V* was gone.

Being alone has made me realize how germophobic I am...Today to test myself I cooked with eggs for the first time (I'm terrible at cracking them too haha) and I cleaned everything like 6 times. Including my poor hands.

I feel I've done really well but now im terrified about these eggs...the cake is in the oven so my cake will be fine...but what about when I cracked the eggs and got like egg all over my hands and stuff...

I washed my hands but im slightly worried I've cross-contaminated something and didn't realize it...

what do you guys think about the eggs :S?
    How do you guys fare being on your own (aimed at the older emets)?
    ~~~The One Winged Angel~~~

I just started living alone too!! I'm actually not all that germphobic. Although really, I should probably be way more concerned with that than I am.

My digestive system has been in a funk since I left home, but I think that's because I'm eating a lot differently..

Don't worry about the eggs.. just wash your hands thoroughly with soap and really warm water. Keep everything clean and washed and you'll be A-OK. Cake sounds good :]

If you washed your hands and washed any counter space, etc that it may have gotten on then you've nothing to worry about. I used to bake all the time (not so much not but occassionally) and almost always end up w/ egg on my hands, I just wash them once real well and clean the counter.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

it's actually pretty rare that someone gets sick from eggs, and that's usually eating a lot of something with raw eggs, so you should definitely be fine![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Yes I agree with the others and wouldn't fret too much about eggs. Salmonella is rare these days and it's always best to use free range eggs if possible.

I've eaten raw cake mixture plenty of times, and I often eat boiled eggs with runny yolks and creamy scrambled egg! That said I always wash my hands after handling them...habit I suppose.

I can't wait to live alone!!! I don't have to worry about other people germing up my place[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

As for the eggs..I can't eat them anymore because chickens naturally have e coli in their bodies BUT it seems like you handled it correctly and I wouldn't worry.

One word of advice, invest in Lysol multipurpose cleaner.It kills salmonella and e coli I believe.I love it!Edited by: xmdslatx

Haha, I know what you mean about the germaphobia. I just moved out to college, but I have 8 roommates, so I wash or sanitize my hands after touching basically anything.

I was thinking today how great it would be to live on your own, because then you have no one's germs to worry about but your own! Fantastic

Oh and you're probably over it by now, but I'm sure the eggs were perfectly fine. I've eaten raw cookie dough and cake batter hundreds of times and never gotten sick once. Not to say it's not possible... but it's unlikely.Edited by: mxw08

Haha thank you
    It's been really fun being on my own!
    Cause I have control of everything haha...No more worrying about food and such...

Well...Minus food recalls *cough*Maple Leaf*cough*
    ~~~The One Winged Angel~~~