Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: the shakes

So far this has happened to me two times within one year.I really don't know why it happened.

I wake up out of the dead of sleep and I am just shaking.My WHOLE body is shaking and my mouth is chattering uncontrollably.It's kinda scary to think about.The thing about it is that It wasn't even cold!!! and I don't think I had low blood sugar...I didn't even feel this way when I had the sv*.

I can tolerate the cold..I love it.I get panic attacks when I am too warm/hot so the cold is my friend.

My fan is probably on 8 months out of the year (don't crucify me for wasting energy! I honestly cannot sleep without it)

Has anyone else waken up shaking like this?

That happened to me a little over a week ago. Sort of going along with my issue lately of waking up in the night, but that time was the worst. I also LOVE the cold, but it definitely wasn't cold that night.

Weird... I blame anxiety for basically all of it.

I used to have that happen all the time.. mostly when I was a young teenager. It hasn't really happened all that often since.. but it's annoying, trying to stop shaking and go back to sleep.
    Bee Bop!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was just wondering this the other day. For me it is a violent shaking and lasts for a while. I used to think that I did it before I v* but last week I had the same thing happen and it was the first time in years. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one.
    I\'m so tired but I can\'t sleep, standing on the edge of something much too deep, funny how you feel so much but can

not say a word, We are screaming inside but can\'t be heard.

Sounds like anxiety to me. Do you live in a warm area then? I'd freeze to death if I had a fan on while I slept..I love the warmth so I have my electric blanket for comfort (England is cold & miserable anyway).

How long does the shaking last? Do you think it may be prompted by sort of dream or eating/drinking certain things before bed like caffeine etc? The only time I shake like that is when I'm in shock or awake and in the middle of a n* panic attack. It's not pleasant [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]