Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

The other night, after having a yummy dinner of shrimp lo mien (made with rice noodles), nubby v* once in the middle of the night and once again in the morning. He said he thought it was because he was having trouble digesting the noodles, and he was n* the whole rest of the day. I felt fine aside from some anxiety which was actually pretty mild; I was able to get him another washcloth!

Now I'm freaking out about ever eating noodles again (I only thought of this just now after getting halfway through my Ramen). Does anyone have trouble with noodles or know anything about noodles not digesting well?

Thanks!Edited by: kckitty
    Visit my handmade jewelry blog!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Feel free to leave me a comment or send me a message!

starches actually tend to be harder to digest, but they usually only
    cause gas, not v*ing or n*. rice is the only starch that is not hard to
    digest and therefore is part of the BRAT diet. i'm not a Chinese food
    eater, so i'm not familiar with rice noodles... are they a product of rice?
    i still don't think they should have caused that much discomfort in your
    husband, unless he has some sort of gluten intolerance. if anything, i'd
    say the shrimp would have had more to do with it than the noodles. my
    boyfriend can't eat shrimp at all.

rice noodles are made from ground-up rice (I have oriental sisters, so I've eaten a lot of them) and they are not hard to digest. It was more likely one of the other ingredients, or maybe it was something else he had eaten during the day.

Sometimes if I eat pasta I will get a tummy ache..but not always.

The night I had the sv* the spaghetti that I ate earlier came up.I don't know how long it takes but I cannot really eat noodles without thinking of that!

Some people seem to have a seafood allergy especially with shellfish, usually its just feeling lousy and excessive salivation but for some people I suppose v* could be part of it.

I don't think it was the shrimp - they had been cooked completely and then frozen and all I had to do was heat them up and stir them with the noodles - I suppose it could have been the hoisin or Chinese hot sauce but we've had stuff made with that before, no problem. What made me wonder if it was the noodles was the graphically disgusting description hubby gave me about it which I'd not like to think about [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Visit my handmade jewelry blog!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Feel free to leave me a comment or send me a message!

Hmmm in my experience I've not had any problems with noodles and I've eaten my fair share of them.

Starches can 'sit' on the stomach for a while and eating too many like bread, pasta etc can cause bloating and general discomfort - although it depends on the individual.

Sugar is a big enemy - too much sugar is very bad for the digestion and can cause nausea/blood sugar highs and dips - so best to stick to complex carbs like brown rice, wholewheat pasta etc. I suffer much less stomachache when I eat a diet more concentrated in protein and vegetables.

I think you'll be fine with noodles in future and he was probably just irritated by another food he ate (some people get dodgy stomachs so easily!)

That said everything goes down the hatch with me - tonight it's been oysters, scallops, rich dessert and loads of wine - so I'm not the best example [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] Edited by: Kazzia

No I say you're a good example most of us restrict our diet when it usually has little to no effect on whether we actually get sick or not!