Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi guys. I'm 13 years old and I've suffered from this for a long time. I had
    a terrible day today. I just started 7th grade at a new middle school so I'm
    still just getting the jist of how things work with new lockers, teachers,
    and the whole different class period thing. Anyway I started on the 25th
    so today was my fifth day. I had felt pretty nervous because as you know
    you just don't feel as safe as you do at home. Last Thursday when I got
    off the bus I saw a kid hunched over V******* outside. I hurried to class
    and tried to shove that scary sight out of my head. The next day (friday) I
    felt sick. I stayed home Friday and I knew I had a stomach bug. I was
    better on Sunday. I felt totally normal and even built a new rabbit hutch
    for my 4-H project. Yesterday we had the day off which was nice. But
    when I woke up this morning I was nervous. The nurse E-mailed my mom
    about how she has been sending many kids home for V*******. So that
    only made it worse. I took my zofran and went to school.

I suffered acid reflux/n***** through band, art, biology, and reading until
    lunch. I went to the nurse and took another zofran. I waited the rest of
    the day still nervous then the last bell rang. Ask I was packing up at my
    locker my best friend (who also suffers from emet) Louise ran toward me
    with her face as pale as a ghost. "PUKE" she kept saying. At that point I
    almost passed out. She then explained that she had watched someone
    barf all over the stairs. Well that meant we were trapped upstairs so we
    missed the bus home. So we had to walk home. My mom is working late
    tonight. I feel sick and I want to talk to her! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

That is awful! I've never experienced a stomach bug that was that wide spread at school. I'm so sorry, that's got to be just terrible. Hopefully it'll pass soon though. Just try to take care of yourself and keep calm when you do encounter anymore v*.

By the way, that's great that you have other friends who are emets. I'm the only emet I've ever known aside from everyone here.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

Almost sounds like you've already had it just didn't v*? How are you doing now?

I home sick today. My mom took me to the doctor today she prescribed
    some different medicine that also helps with anxiety. My mom is getting me
    into therapy to help with the phobia. Hopefully it gets better.

oh I just realized I haven't v****** for eight years on the 25th.

Wow, I'm sorry you had to go through that! I'm so dreading cold/flu season in my school, because bugs are rampant.

In my school stuff starts in the preschool, goes up through the grades, and then into the grade five class, because a lot of them have younger siblings. Their teacher either gets sick or harbours all the germs, and then when she teaches us 8/9s English we get the bugs. Or we just pick them up from our book buddies. My school is small.

But ew for your friend. However, it must be helpful to know that you have someone who really gets it. I'm sure the therapy and anti-anxiety meds will help.

I use Bach's Rescue Remedy for panic attacks, and I find it really helps. It's available at health food stores.Edited by: twilightrose

What state do you live in? Could it have been some kind of food? Or are you sure its a virus thats going around?

omg i have finnally met an emet my age and my grade with my
    condition!!!!!!! little things make me happy.

welcome to the site!!!
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

Nice to meet you.

I live in Idaho

That must be hard. When I was in younger grades (I just graduated from high school, this is my first year in college), my emet wasn't bad. In high school, we had kids who would think it was funny to v* all over the floor. Poor janitors. But it was gross walking by it. My emet didn't really start ruining my life until a few months ago, so at that time I just thought, Ew. Stupid kids.
    But sometimes younger kids can't help it (...or they're just stupid like the high schoolers!!).
    If you are sure you have already had the bug, try to reassure yourself that you probably will not get it again. Also, as long as you keeps your hands clean, washed before you eat, don't touch your face, I'd say you are pretty surely not going to get anything!!

That's horrible! I would've died! But one thing you have that most of us don't...a best friend with emet! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] *hug*
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

You're so lucky to have a friend with emet as well! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] But anyway, that sounds really disgusting. A few weeks ago someone at my school t*u* on the table in a classroom and I had to go in after school and do a make-up test that I'd missed because of a panic attack (I worried so much that I'd catch the sv that I nearly t*u* in the same room myself). The table still had a stain on it and it smelled sooo bad. I hope you're feeling better, and good luck at the new school, but I guess all you can do is hold your breath (literally and metaphorically, lol) and hope for the best!

thanks guys I feel way better now [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] My friends only fear to watch other v*
    and for herself to v* in public, While I fear everything. She is a lot of support
    though .