Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Yes- I have to have people around me!

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!-I have to be comp alone if im going

29 59.18%
  • Sometimes-depends what i feel like

6 12.24%
  • Omg-even if im nt ill but feel it

11 22.45%
  • Depends-only if i feel n* will i wnt sum1

1 2.04%
  • Depends-only if i v* do i wnt sum1

2 4.08%

This poll may have been done before, but im just doing it again because i couldnt find it!

Im doing it because i feel on the posts some people liek to have people round them if they feel ill,, i.e. it helps them feel better, etc whereas others (such as myself) it only accelerates the fear even more and like to be alone when they v* or even feel n* so i was wondering,if people could vote in this poll, its just an easy view for people to see!
    thanks, you can also commentif you like [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Its me in the Pink Sparkly top!Do I look like an emet!No-1 even noes what it is!Where do u begin?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have to be completely alone.

If I'm feeling n*, I don't even want anyone around trying to talk to me. Every thing around me makes me feel worse.

Also, being sick used to come with some great sense of shame for me. I felt ashamed. It was really hard for me to believe that anyone would 'fake' being sick to get out of doing things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like Laylamommy, I can't stand to have people crowd around me, talk to me, touch me, etc... It makes the fear so much worse. I have to get away from everyone, and in public places that usually entails locking myself in a bathroom for a while.
    ~ Natalie

This is a defective poll. There is no choice for voting yes.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1
    This is a defective poll. There is no choice for voting yes.
    Woops, I realised that after I had posted it!I was like oh shoot, i forgot to put yes1 I had fully intended to!

But It won't let me edit it now!
    Its me in the Pink Sparkly top!Do I look like an emet!No-1 even noes what it is!Where do u begin?

Quote Originally Posted by laylamommy
    I have to be completely alone.

If I'm feeling n*, I don't even want anyone around trying to talk to me. Every thing around me makes me feel worse.

Also, being sick used to come with some great sense of shame for me. I felt ashamed. It was really hard for me to believe that anyone would 'fake' being sick to get out of doing things.
    Im exactley like that! HAving someone near me! Freks me out!

Gum dropper if you wnted to you could always vote omg even if im nt ill but feel it! ThAT is a yes in a way!

Yeah, that was confusing. I voted in the OMG answer, but I wasn't sure what it meant. What I mean is...YES! I like to have someone with me if I don't feel well.
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

If I could open up a door to another dimension (an empty one) to v* I would. My husband has yet to be closer than a 15 minute drive to me when I'm v* so I'm really weird about doing it around him (we've been together as a couple for 5 years). However, he insists on helping me relax (and therefore being around me) when I feel really n* and it actually works sometimes! So maybe my freaking-out-ness might be changing.
    Visit my handmade jewelry blog!

Feel free to leave me a comment or send me a message!

I said sometimes...but the truth is that I would only want my bf around...not my mom, not anyone...except for my best friend! She helped me out SO MUCH the last time I v*'d! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

Only my mum. No-one else. So I suppose that's "depends what I feel like."

I can't have anyone near me.

I also can't stand to be hot, it has to be cold in the room if possible, and I can't stand to be in a closed-in space when I feel bad. The best place would be outside, on a freezing cold day. Oh, and i can't stand for it to be bright, either.

I know, I'm wierd.

I CANNOT have anyone near me.It makes my anxiety sky rocket.Even if it is my parents and they probably won't judge me I don't want them hearing me v*.

I get nauseas if I wake up early in the morning and they are up.

Oh yeah, I hate the thought of people HEARING it! That's even worse than if they just saw me do it; don't know why...

I only ever want one person and that is my mum or my partner, for some
    strange reason anyone else, including my dad freaks me out even more!

tessa17 - I know what you mean about being closed in - I would have to be outside, on a hill, on a cold day, with the wind blowing in the right direction, and with company.

My worst of worst fears is v* alone...I'd need someone understanding with me - I'm not fussed who - but ideally it would be my mother/sister (both are nurses anyway!) or any of my good friends.

NO I want no one around, if I feel n* I am already cranky and prefer no one around so I can relax and make it go away, if I am v* I dont even want anyone to hear it lol

I need my mom but anyone else makes me sicker

my mom has to be with me or i choke (sorry tmi)literally so i want her
    there holding my hair and rubbing my back but no one but her or my bf
    bella who has the same phobia and was still at my side when i got sick
    once at her house. i love her so much.
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

That is quite a friend considering how bad this phobia is. Hang onto her.

I don't want anyone there. That's what I hate so much about this fear because it could happen anytime I had to stop working because I was so terrified on V* In front of people.

No! I don't even want anyone in the house.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I prefer noone around - people make me more scared.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

I like to have someone with me. LOL
    It sounds cheesy, but I usually need a hug

Completely alone. It means that I not only have to be alone in my room, but also alone in the house\apartament, because knowing that somene is in the room next to me scares me. And I feel that I cannot fully express my feelings - scream, cry loudly or run around.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

It all depends.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

No.

I need need need to be alone when n*. I become extremely panicked if someone is there while I'm fighting the n*...I want complete space and concentration. But if I were to v*, I'd want someone to hold me as I cry, or listen to me say "I SURVIVED" and dance around.

I prefer to be alone if I am almost certain it is inevitable. Afterwards I like to
    be comforted though. My husband wraps me in a ton of blankets. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Life is so worth living.

I would definately want someone around me, even if I just felt sick. The thought of being sick when I'm alone scares me sooo much.