Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm feeling a bit n* at the moment and am trying to supress it, mostly because I should be getting to bed and I have to be up at 7am tomorrow for a long day at work.

I had a bit of d* this morning (but no stomachache with it oddly enough) and I put it down to being a bit stressed with work etc. I also had an interview for another job as well and after that had LOADS to get done at work as the boss was on his way in. Turned out he never made it to the office because he was ill v*ing! Glad he kept away!

I ate a large-ish lunch and some shortbread at 5ish and now it's 10.20pm, but I've not eaten anything else, apart from a few nuts and a glass of port when I met with a friend, but I just feel like my stomach is churny and I have NO wish to eat anything at all, which is unlike me because even if I'm not really hungry, I still eat for the sake of it. All I've drunk is a glass of ginger beer, as I'd only had about a pint of water all the way since lunch, if that. I'm a bit stressed out in general with work and not looking forward to tomorrow, so I was wondering is it just stress or an actual dodgy stomach? I've noticed my heartbeat is a bit fast.

Do I take some valium to settle my mind down or do I sip some ginger tea to settle my stomach? [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

It sounds like a combination of stress and not enough water. Good that your boss is a good boss and doesn't come in sick ... thats definitely a perk lol. Try sipping some water (or whatever makes you feel better, you mentioned ginger tea) to rehydrate and see if you cant find a distraction like a movie or some music or something. Hope this helps and that you feel better soon!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Cheers SimplyMe, I got rather panicky as I had a twinge in my stomach and I took an antiemetic (Domperidone) and took some water while I was pacing around my very small flat. Domperidone is pretty brilliant as 20mins later my nausea had practically vanished!

Ran to the toilet again but thankfully just a bit of d* but I think I should rehydrate as you say. I put a DVD on - Bridget Jones' Diary - a chick flick always helps taking my mind off things.

Not enough water makes me nauseas and feel sick.

Anxiety/stress totally messes up my stomach and makes me feel the same.

+1, one of the main symptoms of anxiety is nausea and dehydration causes nausea in just about everyone.