Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Allergies

Hi, sorry I keep posting like mad on here lately! It's been a very anxious last few months. So my latest issue...

I've always gotten hay fever-type allergies about twice a year for maybe a two week stretch, but been fine at all other times. Usually I just take a Claritin and I'm fine, but I just moved to a different city and my allergies are CRAZY! I take the same stuff I used before everyday, and it never completely helps. I mean, without it, I'm a huge allergic mess, but anyway, I've been dealing with this for two and a half weeks, but they've been weird today. It's like my entire throat feels clogged, and it's freaking me out. Anyone else with allergies feel like this, or even be able to recommend a better medicine?

Sorry this doesn't seem very emetophobia related, but there's a sv going around my school right now and it freaks me out that the allergies may be lowering my immune system. And my throat feeling clogged is making me freak out I may be catching it or something.

Benadrylllll!!!
    It doubles as an anti-emetic, though I'm not sure how useful it is with allergies...

well, I've always been told that allergies are actually your body overreacting to stuff in the enviroment, so it's a sign your immune system is working that you have them!

benadryl is good. If you take it every night before you go to sleep, if has a kinda cumulative effect, which means after a while it keeps supressing your allergies even after the medicine itself has worn off. At least it did that for me.

I get horrible allergies also. So I feel your pain. I was on vacation in florida two weeks ago and they were so bad, sore throat runny nose the works. I wound up asking my boyfriend and mom about every 5 mins if I had a fever cause I get so nervous that im going to get sick. And if I have a fever somehow in my brain that means im going to v*. I know thats illogical but I guess that just comes along with emet. Anyway, I dont know what really effects you, like for me my sinus are just terrible, really congested and constant pain, for that I take tylynol sinus congestion and it usually always helps. You should try that if you have the same problem. Hope I could help!! And that you are feeling better!

Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by jezebel89
    Benadrylllll!!!
    It doubles as an anti-emetic, though I'm not sure how useful it is with allergies...
    I tried taking benadryl two times and even though it worked, I felt so fatigued and tired after taking it! like the flu minus the illness but made me anxious.

Is it really an anti-emetic??