Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Instead of writing a full length paragraph on what transpired the other day, I'm going to use an outline to delineate it.

a) Woman changed two smelly diapers and used wipes on them afterwards.

b) Said woman throws balled up diaper at me, and it hits me square in the face. I am a bit appalled and angry at this point for the general disrespect, but I manage to let it slide. I am a gentle man not a fierce warrior.

c) I wash my hands immediately just to be on the safe side with liquid detergent soap for 20 seconds as Sage suggests in her article on noroviruses.

d) I am savagely attacked by the same woman with two balled up fists. After being jabbed in the ribs and being hit 16 consecutive times in the shoulder with a five-knuckled punch, I attempt to restrain her, disregarding any thought of her still being in a potentially hazardous situation involving the contamination zone.

e) I have no idea if I rubbed my eyes, picked my nose, or ate something without washing my hands again afterwards. I know I did wash them when I walked back in my house.

f) I sit at the computer fretting over whether "IT" will claim me as the next victim. One part of me is worried, and another takes the advice of a close family member whenever something bothers me -- "F it!" Stuff like this happens unpredictably, and I accept that much.

I really don't know if my chances are slim to none or if I'm right in the middle of the "danger zone". Any assurance or advice will help right about now. I'm usually good about this, but this sequence of events will not stop playing on repeat in my brain, and I grow tired of it.

For the record, it was all in playful spirit, so there was no sign of actual abuse present. I just happen to be a good punching bag. I'm hoping the wipes contained alcohol or some agent like it and removed any threat from her fingers before mine were entangled in hers.

[img]smileys/smilies_15.gif[/img]

How many days ago did it happen? I read that the usual incubation period
    usually is between 24-48 hours after contamination - that is if you were
    contaminated. When I get worried about these sorts of situations, the
    logical part of my brain tells me, unless there is serious sustained contact
    with contaminated items/people, i am at no risk of infection. I don't know if
    this is helpful?

Did the baby have a virus or were they just normal diapers. And side note why did she throw them at you and then just hit you?? I dont think I really understand the story. Cause if it were just normal diapers then you have nothing to worry about. And if they werent I would still think you have nothing to worry about cause you washed your hands right afterwards. Not to mention I can recall last year my co-workers son having a sv* and she never got sick and was taking care of him the entire time. I think you should be fine, maybe to ease your mind take some vitamin c cause that boosts your immune system.

The child had no virus of any sort that I know of. She hit me because I think she was flirting with me. The women in my area are barbaric, and it's wise to wear heavy plate armor when dealing with them. They like to bite and throw punches. She probably threw the diaper at me for the same reason. I heard vitamin C actually doesn't have a hand in boosting your immunity; rather, it acts like a placebo more than anything. I'm actually more alarmed by the fact she was wrestling around with me a few minutes after she wiped the kids. I've noticed a lot of moms aren't really worried about washing their hands directly afterwards in general. I guess it's because they get so used to doing it day in and day out. Regardless, it's still vile and disgusting. This happened recently, so I guess I'll just have to wait it out. Thank you for the feedback. Just hearing someone say (or in this case type) "you'll be fine" helps me. I always try to think things through logically also, wormell. Do feces harbor harmful bacteria all the time or is it just a problem when someone has a known virus and the stool is transfered via the fecal-oral route?

yes, there are bacteria, a few of them harmful, in the feces. BUT, most of them are ones that live in the intestinal tract all the time (they help your food digest) and also, most of them are dead by the time they leave the body. Also, you'd basically have to eat the stuff or rub it in a open cut to get sick. Besides, being an adult, it's very unlikely anything not making an infant sick would even cause the mildest symptoms in you.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]so don't worry, I don't believe there's any chance of you catching anything as long as the child wasn't sick.

vitamin c does help the immune system, though it's better to take a multivitamin because it works together with other vitamins (mainly vitamin E, which they don't sell by itself because it can cause illness in very high concentrations) to help the immune system.

Where the hell do you live?
    I would have beat the s.hit out of her. Anyway, I don't think you'll have any germ problems.

Let me get this straight.

This was in good fun?[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I thought maybe you had an abusive wife or girlfriend situtaion, but as long as its all in good fun, ok I guess.... I would suggest you have little to no chance of getting noro, if the kid didn't have noro you should be pretty safe, but I agree with you the fecal oral route is vile and disgusting always, washing up after taking a #2 was one of the first things I learned and I would be very upset if anyone touched me after wiping a baby but before washing hands. Try not to worry.

I like your writing style, you had me laughing the whole time lol.

I wouldn't worry too much (unless the child has a virus) and yes, feces does harbor germs, but you are probably safe .Next time try washing your face afterwards lol.Maybe shuv that nasty diaper in her mouth or something as well..teach her a lesson!

Our immune systems are pretty amazing when it comes to killing germs (given you take care of it) It's the crazy virus and bacteria that suck!