Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Does it disgust you to HEAR about v***T

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.Bt I dont care as much as seeing it.

11 15.07%
  • No, only seeing it.

25 34.25%
  • Only if the operson goes into detail....

32 43.84%
  • VERY MUCH. I will I will cover my ears a

5 6.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: V***T?

Here is a poll.

I am only bothered when people say .......GRAPHIC WORDS:{blowing chunks and barf}

I CANNOT stand when people say that.

The words v* or tu* doesn't bother me.

It dosen't disgust me to hear about it but it also dosen't disgust me to see it but that wasn't an option so I just voted "No, only seeing it."

the word V doesnt bother me at all, but as xmdslatx said when they say like "Blowing chunks" or must go in details of what happen then yes it does bother me

I dont mind hearing about it,hearing descriptions of it,watching it on tv or hearing it live. If I have to see it however I feel n*.

I don't mind hearing about it, and my heart beats a bit faster when I see it on TV but that's about it. Not so much detail but the, er, colourful expressions for it, some of them particularly Australian.
    **DO NOT READ AHEAD IF YOU DON'T LIKE SLANG TERMS FOR V*!**
    barf
    spew (up)
    chuck (up)
    hurl
    ...now I can't think of any more, but those ones are pretty bad... Spew really conjures up the smell for me and chuck conjures up the taste and the sensation of having it in my mouth...eew, sorry everyone!

I also really hate the word "chunk". In Psychology when we were learning about memory I felt n* in every class because of the term "chunking" (grouping smaller items into higher-order ones in order to increase short-term memory capacity). I'd rather use that whole definition than the word!

It bothers me to hear stories about it. My Mom works in a hospital and sees it all the time. She thinks its funny to tell me stories about gross stuff. She goes into details because she thinks my reaction is funny. She knows about my fear as I have had it all my life. But I don't think she knows that everyone of her stories stays with me for days or longer.
    Stories or seeing it happen on tv shows when its totally fake doesn't bother me as much as it used to but if I'm near it or hear someone getting sick I will have a panic attack.

+ It disgusts me when they get into detail.
    I hate when people come out of nowhere and start telling you a story about how they v****** that last time they were sick.
    If they try telling me about it, I try to change the subject.
    If I overhear someone talking about it, I pop in headphones or leave.
    I hate hearing about it because it gives me mental pictures (I can't help it, I'm visual).
    I don't get nervous to the point where I begin to panic, but it's still gross to hear someone talk about it. +
    + \"My musick may seem like ugly , angry, useless noise; but it is what I see in you, and it is precisely what you deserve.\" +

- Rosemary Malign, Noise Artist -

It is absolutely disgusting for people to graphiclly describe times they got sick. especially if they mention what they ate. No panic attacks from hearing about it. But it gives me mind images that make me woozy.

Words that don't bother me:
    Chyme
    Vomit

Words that do bother me:
    Barf
    Blow Chunks
    Hurl
    Projectile
    Splatter

Nothing of this bothers me. I don't care if I see it ar hear about it, I even like to discuss it. But it doesn't help when it comes to me V*
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What is chyme??
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I don't mind hearing about it no matter how descriptive the person was. Well, As long as I Know it's not going to happen to me like that.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

Yes, but I am masoquist at the same time and required details so I make myself hear it even if I'm gonna be worried, paranoid or choked.

It's like 'stop please, keep going, I wanna hear details'

Actually I think i am obcessed with it. This phobia is like a relationship, a commitment, I hate it, I want to leave!