Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This vaccine, which is currently in the testing phase, is needle-free as well. It's administered through the nose like a nasal spray.

http://www.ligocyte.com/norovirus/norovirus.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I saw that, but haven't heard anything new about it lately.

I would be against something like that. I don't like flu shots either. Even as an emet, I figured 'what doesn't kill me makes me stronger.' -- Of course that doesn't go for like, tetnus or anything XD

I would take 10 needles to get myself vaccinated against Norovirus, and I never get the flu shot. For some reason, the threat of influenza doesn't bother me.

With the flu I'd say thats flawed reasoning, it can make you pretty ill not so much for emet reasons but because of the prospects of pneumonia, bronchitis or other complications. With noro, it would be worth it as it would eliminate a big worry out of my life.

Im torn on the flu shot. We had an 11 year girl die in our town in February from complications from the flu. Where do they find people to test these vaccines out on? Blech [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Georgi

yeah, who volunteers to have noro vaccine tested on them?[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]I guess that just shows how little it bothers some people.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Yes some people are very willing to put their bodies on the line for science and thank God for that. I am completely selfish when it comes to that though which I'm not totally proud of but I'm sure everyone here understands. What would be the negative side of the flu shot? It's killed virus so it can't cause illness(the exception would be if you were allergic to eggs you can't take the flu shot). I know the flu vaccine still uses mercury as a preservative but that form of mercury in that application has never been proven to cause any harm at all. That is terribly sad that a child would die of influenza, but I know the strain we had last year got my brother very ill for a day until we got some tamiflu in him. That stuff is amazing, but since it causes nausea in some people I prefer just not to get the flu to start with.

It's very exciting, I can only hope the trials are very successful, as a vaccine combined with emet-style thorough handwashing would pretty much wipe out the chances (most of us are good at dodging norovirus outbreaks on here).

Injections don't bother me anymore so I'd happily take 10 injections too!

I'm pro flu jab as well, especially for those most at risk of complications. As I'm in my 20s and of normal weight with no medical issues, I don't have the jab, plus flu doesn't scare me anything as near as norovirus!

Well i would sacrifice myself in terms of skipping the flu vaccine if there was a shortage and the higher risk groups needed it, but lately in the US there has been plenty. It still increases my emet anxiety even though I've been the "calm voice of reason" about flu not typically causing v* and a lot of bad things would happen for me if I were to be unwell for the amount of time that flu usually takes to recover, plus I'd probably give it to everybody at work and my bioprocess lab partner and heaven only knows who else.

Wow, I hope it is safe for the public soon. Don't know if I'd get one or not but it should definitely be mandatory (or strongly suggested) for those that handle food and for those in high risk areas (nursing homes, schools, hospitals etc).
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I'd do it, even though I hate stuff like nasal sprays, why cause it would probably cut my(or any of our) chances of v* in half or better.

The vaccine has a long way to go as it's only in phase 1 testing but it's something to look forward to.

Again, we don't know what the side effects of this vaccine are, if indeed there are any. I would guess that children and those in an environment with more exposure to the norvirus would be the likely candidates for this vaccine. If all of them get it, then it's less likely for us to get it even if we don't get the vaccine.

Friend me on Facebook

Wow... pretending that that turns out and actually works really well, that would be FANTASTIC!!!!!

I'm not at all afraid of needles, (well, I mean I don't want one jabbed in my spine and all that jazz, but I don't usually have a problem,) so I would GLADLY have ten injections at once if need be just to not have to worry about that dang virus!

I don't know much about the phases of vaccine trials, not even if phase 2 is ahead of phase one or the other way around. I guess you're saying its in very early phases...