Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: How are you going to vote?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama & Biden

46 50.55%
  • McCain & Palin

26 28.57%
  • Other

2 2.20%
  • Not voting - don’t care

3 3.30%
  • Not voting - Not American

12 13.19%
  • Not voting - Not old enough

2 2.20%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Election!

I completely agree, Simplyme. Ugh.
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Election day is almost here!! Is anyone voting early?
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not me I feel like going to the polls on election day is part of the experience...not a big fan of the early voting unless for some reason I was going to need an absentee vote sometime.

I will vote early, as the last time, I spent nearly 2 hours in line, no thanks. [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by virgo_witch
    My (non-emet) best friend said that we emetophobes should band together FOR Obama...by running a campaign for putting anti-emetics in everyone's food/water... [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

lol!!!

If the polling places were that crowded here I would vote early, I think the longest I have ever waited was a few minutes.

We can vote tomorrow from 10-4 and I think I will. Neither one is good. They need to have a NONE OF THE ABOVE choice! LOL! I vote for Lars Ulrich of Metallica!!!!!!!!!!!
    Georgi

My brother says he's writing in his name and voting for himself LOL!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I wonder if you can get introuble for doing something like that? Our Government is soo stuffy!!
    Georgi

I believe that if theres a place on the ballot for a write in candidate you can write in who ever you want? Personally if I can write in I'd vote for Donald Duck but thats just me lol.Edited by: SimplyMe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMe
    I believe that if theres a place on the ballot for a write in candidate you can write in who ever you want? Personally if I can write in I'd vote for Donald Duck but thats just me lol.
    [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] I love it and he'd probably do a much better job than either of the yahoo's we got running!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]
    Georgi

Well, this post didn't help me at all decide who to vote for. Leaning toward Obama, I try to imagine either one of them in office and dealing with tough decisions and leadership, but it scares me. Somebody said they both lack experience and that is true! I am more comfortable with Obama, something about McCain just makes me scared. And, his choice for vp, just made it worse.

I was half kidding when I said Nadar. I would vote for Obama.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Palin as President is pretty funny....

Yes, Sue...go with your gut! OBAMA! :-)
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I voted!! Woo Hoo!! Now if all the stupid ads would just stop.
    Georgi

OK, 1 thinks we have 57 states, WTH? 1 is running unethical ads and 1 thinks JOBS is a 3 letter word.. HHMM............... We are in trouble people!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Georgi

grgygrl, an explanation of the 57 states comment -

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/57states.asp

As for me, I'm English - but Obama ftw

Ya! Canadians for Obama! (The world is watching and hoping, USA...)
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

No matter who wins, we are in serious dodo.............
    Georgi

I voted today for Obama.

I voted for McCain and I have a serious problem with anyone who wants to change the design of our American Flag. I dont care if that person is running for President or not.
    Georgi

I have a serious problem with anyone who would run the kind of campaign McCain has. [img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]

I think they both have ran smear campaigns. One is no better than the other and its a shame that Obama supporters go to McCain supporters residences and vice versa. Whoever wins, wins and that is that, we will all have to live with it and just hope for the best.
    Georgi

You know what actually made the news and made me laugh ... not sure if it was in a funny way or thats sad way ... anyhow, apparently people go around stealing the signs supporting the candidate they dont support. Both sides were doing it. How dumb is that?! Like taking a sign (or putting one up for that matter) is really going to change anyone's mind? With this election especially people seem pretty firm in their stances so ... what a joke.
    Benjamin Franklin

Simplyme, I agree. There is NO right or wrong vote. Some people are so petty and must be very shallow to resort to some of the child antics they have been doing. Some people amaze me. [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]
    Georgi

What really sucks is that in my family...the McCain supporters are ONLY supporting him because they do NOT want a black man in office!!! I say that's horrible! Race should never be an issue, it should be an issue of who has a more level head and who would be a stronger, more determined leader for our country. I don't care if he's white, black, chinese, indian, whatever, if they have morals and standards that I agree with, I'll vote for them. In this case, I vote for Obama. He may be young and a fairly new senator, but from everything I've heard from the campaigns, the debates, etc, Obama seems to have a better head on his shoulders. Universal health care? Hell yeah, you better believe I'm voting for this man!

Plus...I don't want a crazy lady like Palin as vice-president...and her "first dude"...no thanks. Lol.

I respect everyone's opinion regarding this whole thing because I hate getting into arguments. Nobody ever really comes out as the winner. It makes both parties look childish and unfortunately, arguing usually brings out the worst sides of peoples' personalities.

I just know that as a registered Democrat...it angers me to get those Robocalls that I get EVERY DAY trying to attack Obama's character. When Obama runs an ad, it seems like he's mostly talking about policy of the other candidate. I also get sometimes up to 4 mailers a day from them.

I'd much rather have a 3rd party like Ralph Nader...but I would take Obama's even temper over McCain's hot head any day.

Quote Originally Posted by metallikat87
    What really sucks is that in my family...the McCain supporters are ONLY supporting him because they do NOT want a black man in office!!! I say that's horrible! Race should never be an issue, it should be an issue of who has a more level head and who would be a stronger, more determined leader for our country. I don't care if he's white, black, chinese, indian, whatever, if they have morals and standards that I agree with, I'll vote for them. In this case, I vote for Obama. He may be young and a fairly new senator, but from everything I've heard from the campaigns, the debates, etc, Obama seems to have a better head on his shoulders. Universal health care? Hell yeah, you better believe I'm voting for this man!

Plus...I don't want a crazy lady like Palin as vice-president...and her "first dude"...no thanks. Lol.

I respect everyone's opinion regarding this whole thing because I hate getting into arguments. Nobody ever really comes out as the winner. It makes both parties look childish and unfortunately, arguing usually brings out the worst sides of peoples' personalities.
    I know what you mean, I have heard so many say "We can't let that n* in the white house" and it makes me so mad. This is the first time that I have seen how much racism there really still is in this world. This election has brought it out of a lot of people that I wouldn't have suspected.

I can't believe the media hasn't really covered the fact that Palin's husband wanted to take one of the stars off the flag! Uhh...but we were dragged thru Obama associated with this guy. Oh and they really didn't cover the fact that her preacher believes in witches and crazy s***. But we were dragged thru that Rev. Wright crap for months. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]