Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: How are you going to vote?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama & Biden

46 50.55%
  • McCain & Palin

26 28.57%
  • Other

2 2.20%
  • Not voting - don’t care

3 3.30%
  • Not voting - Not American

12 13.19%
  • Not voting - Not old enough

2 2.20%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Election!

Quote Originally Posted by worrygirl
    There was an interview played on the radio today with a lady proclaiming "Obama's gonna win and now I don't have to go out and get a job." No joke.

As for Universal Healthcare, the gov't can decide if you are of a certain age they might not want to spend the money on your treatment because you are too old. So basically you just go home and die.
    I highly doubt that would happen. But I do know that if you have a pre-existing condition getting anyone to insure you is impossible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Worrygirl: You are exactly right. SOmeone young such as myself, LOL, will get a surgery first before some old man or woman gets a hip replacement because of their age. The governement sees them as a waste of money, sad but true indeed.
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Overglorified welfare nothing more, nothing less.
    Georgi

Yes it is so the truth.

My mom has been battling cancer on and off for years and her dr in fact told her that if she lived in Canada she would have never received any treatment.

BTW this was told to her over 15 yrs ago before UH was even a threat.

Very sad indeed that our Government would see an elderly person as a waste instead of a human life.
    Georgi

Yeah and she wasn't even elderly......50!

Even though I'm not American, I can say with little to no doubt that Obama will win this election.

Why? Because a huge proportion of the African-American community who have never voted before, for whatever reason, will now come out and vote because they have someone they feel is worthy of their vote - Obama. Which I personally think is a good step forward for the African-American community.

But that's just my personal opinion lol [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Lauren xx

But it's sad that they are only voting simply because he is African-American. There is much more to it other than the color of someone's skin.

But it's sad that they are only voting simply because he is African-American.
    Or maybe they are voting for him because they finally feel they have someone that can represent THEM. Not just another old white guy that they can't connect with and may not be looking out for their interest.

Not so long ago...the only black man they let in the white house was George Washington's slaves...now having Obama so close to what many once thought impossible is great.

What is even more sad is that many, many people will NOT vote for him simply because he is black.

There is much more to it other than the color of someone's skin.
    Obama is a very intelligent, charismatic man. He has the ability to move people...to instill hope, to lead. What's most important is that he really seems like a president who would think before acting. He's a man that could improve our relationships with other countries. A lot of damage has been done in the last 8 years and no matter who gets in office they will have a huge mess to clean up. It wont happen over night, maybe not even in 4 years...but I think if anyone can help us it is Obama.Edited by: laylamommy

Amen.
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Why can't they connect with a white guy?? That's like me saying I can't connect with a black man because I'm white.

As far as african americans voting for Obama because of the color of his skin, I'm sure there are some people who will simply based on that, and thats sad BUT there are just as many (if not more) that WON'T vote for him because the color of his skin. It goes both ways and neither way is right.

I voted Obama because I agree with him more than I do McCain. I'm a white female. Had nothing to do w/ his skin and everything to do with similar beliefs.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMe

I voted Obama because I agree with him more than I do McCain. I'm a white female. Had nothing to do w/ his skin and everything to do with similar beliefs.
    Same here. That and I personally do not like McCain as a person. I don't agree with the decisions he has made since he became presidential nominee...and I do think he would put the average American first. It's become increasingly obvious that he will do and say anything to get into office. His temperament scares me the most. His history of cursing people out on the senate floor...I do not want a president like that.

I'm against free handouts aka Welfare, unless you are diabled or physically unable. to work.

I'm against free handouts aka Welfare, unless you are diabled or physically unable. to work.
    Nice to know. McCain will give hand out's too. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

But will not increase them like Obama.

But will not increase them like Obama.
    Nah, He's just send everyone $5,000 checks and send more money over seas to countries that should be taking care of themselves.

The UK isn't perfect by any means but I'm thankful not to go into debt/bankrupt/lose my house should I get cancer or something.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by hippychick
    The UK isn't perfect by any means but I'm thankful not to go into debt/bankrupt/lose my house should I get cancer or something.
    And it'd be nice if every American was able to say that... [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

obama 175 mccain 52

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Obama 199 McCain 124

71 more for Obama to bag this. *crosses fingers*

As long as he doesn't raise my taxes or subject me to socialized medicine I can deal with it.

I know its only a prediction but they think Obama will get CA ... and thats 55 right there.

Still too soon to tell tho.
    Edited by: SimplyMe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

200 to 90
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Also Obama's plan isn't exactly the same as universal health care.

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/issue...reFullPlan.pdf

Barack Obama and Joe Biden will guarantee affordable, accessible health care coverage for all Americans.
    Currently, there are over 45 million Americans lacking health insurance, and millions more are at risk of losing
    their coverage due to rising costs.36 Rising costs are also a burden on employers, particularly small businesses, which are increasingly unable to provide health insurance coverage for their employees and remain competitive.

Nearly two million fewer Americans receive health insurance coverage through their employers now compared
    to eight years ago,37 and this trend shows no sign of slowing down. It is simply too expensive for individuals
    and families to buy insurance directly on the open market and impossible for many with pre-existing conditions.

The Obama-Biden plan both builds on and improves our current insurance system, which most Americans
    continue to rely upon, and leaves Medicare intact for older and disabled Americans. Under the Obama-Biden
    plan, Americans will be able to maintain their current coverage, have access to new affordable options, and see
    the quality of their health care improve and their costs go down. The Obama-Biden plan provides new affordable health insurance options by:
    (1) guaranteeing eligibility for all health insurance plans;
    (2) creating a National Health Insurance Exchange to help Americans and businesses purchase private health insurance;
    (3) providing new tax credits to families who can’t afford health insurance and to small businesses with a new Small Business Health Tax Credit;
    (4) requiring all large employers to contribute towards health coverage for
    their employees or towards the cost of the public plan; (5) requiring all children have health care coverage; (5)
    expanding eligibility for the Medicaid and SCHIP programs; and
    (6) allowing flexibility for state health reform
    plans
    Edited by: laylamommy

207 and 141 its getting heated
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

According to all of the news channels ... OBAMA is our elected president!
    Benjamin Franklin