Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i feel so sick right now. my stomach is turning. i keep burping. of course i have the trashcan next to me. i'm shaking and i feel like its 100 degrees in here. i have the thermostat down to 64 and the fan on me but im so hot. i hate this. i usually go through this every night but its worse tonight. i dont know what to do. i'm so sick of feeling sick. i wish i could be normal. i look at couples and i envy them because i could never go on dates or go on vacations with my boyfriend just out of fear that i'd get sick. i see people in restrtaunts having a great time and there i am trying so hard to just live a normal life and not be constantly worrying. sometimes i wonder if this is all really worth it. its not that i'm suicidal its just that i'm so tired of living like this. i'm so tired of being held back by my fears every single day, multiple times a day. i'm sick of taking precautions to make myself feel better. i'm sick of always having to plan my escape in case i get siick, or carry a trash bag in my purse along with some water. i'm really starting to think that i'm going crazy

I am sorry you are feeling bad right now. I know what it's like. I know it sounds funny but one thing that works for me is "breathing it away". I take slow deep breaths, in through my nose and out through my mouth. Sometimes I will take a long bath and read and it will help. Or I try to get my mind off of it and if it is real bad, I will pace the floor and think of something so stupid to get my mind off of it like plan out my day, hour by hour, until I am just tired and usually by then I can go to bed with no worries. I am sorry it sounds dumb, but it has worked for me. Feel better

once again its happening. It hasnt been this bad since the last time i posted. I'm freaking out. I took some benadryl and my mouth is dry and i want to drink wanter but i think its a trick, i think that if i drink some, i'll throw up. I'm shaking and i have the thermostat down to 64 and then fan is right on me but nothing will work or get my mind off of it. im never eating again

Have you tried going outisde in the garden or anything and taking some deep breaths? the fresh air usually always helps me you need to try your best to relax and calm down even though i know its so hard just tell yourself that this has happened before and you was ok so your going to be ok now!

how are you now?
    Its me in the Pink Sparkly top!Do I look like an emet!No-1 even noes what it is!Where do u begin?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh Gosh, I know EXACTLY what you are going through. I
    used to have this every single night for nearly 2 years.
    YOU ARE NOT CRAZY! PLEASE believe me. Try to relax
    maybe take a bath and listen to some soothing music to
    get your mind off it it.
    -Stefanie

\"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.\"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Seeing as they posted this in 2008 hopefully they are no longer feeling n*..............

I know how hard this is too, and I have to deal with it in school everyday.
    This advice might sound silly (especially coming from a 15 year old), but recently I had to sit formal exams- this was HUGE and very, very scary for me as it felt like I had less escape. however I discovered that in one of my exams when I was breaking into a panic attack that even if you think it won't work (which I didn't) the very act of focusing on your breathing helps a great deal. Even if you're thinking 'Oh I'm so unwell, I'm going to be sick' If you try the breathing even if you still think it won't work, the very act of actually focusing on the breathing reduces it.

I hope you found this useful, I'm sorry if you didn't
    and also, I understand what you mean about your envy, I wont ask any guy in my group out for fear of expectations on dates, etc.

Anyway, I hope you can still find the courage to go on at the end of the day, I understand the struggle and the relentlessness of emet.

x.