Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Random nausea

Hey guys,

The last few days or so I've been having weird nausea - weird as in it's not that bad so that I panic, but it's very uncomfortable and usually straight after eating. I'm thinking it could be messed up sleeping/diet - had a couple of stressful days at work last week and had a house party that lasted till 3.30am the weekend and ate loads of pizza and junk food.

I've also skipped my porridge breakfasts for sugary muffins and pastries but today I had meat and vegetables for lunch at work but felt really sick afterwards so had to have ginger tea and pepto bismol. I wasn't that hungry at dinner time but had a couple of cheese and salami bread rolls and chocolate milkshake and now feel sick again :-p.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same thing? I keep eating because I generally feel ill/weak if I don't eat. Maybe I should just not eat till I get hungry again?

I get that too. I think you're okay not eating at night if you're hungry, but you should still try to eat something in the morning no matter what (unless you're really really sick, of course) I have always had problems skipping either breakfast or lunch, but I have had something like that, and I generally just try to wait until I get hungry if possible.

I have been feeling ill in the evening times.I think it is a mixture of slight anxiety and indigestion or something from not eating right.

Sorry you are feeling n* a lot. That is the story of my life. I feel bad every time I eat. It has just gotten worse the older I get and I'm only 29! It started about 4 years ago and I had such trouble eating I got down to barely 100 lbs. Then I started feeling better if I just ate smaller meals, lighter meals. Now it's gotten crazy again and I practically live on Tums. I know it's because I eat the wrong foods, but I love food and I love eating a lot of it. The only time I didn't get that feeling is when I was eating healthier, I guess because my belly can't handle certain things anymore. I also noticed a big difference when I ate more veggies. I hate having to watch what I eat all the time because I love all the things my belly hates. So occasionally I will indulge and suffer with a stomachache and deal with it.
    The only thing I can suggest is a change of diet, see it anything helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mssmykds2
    Sorry you are feeling n* a lot. That is the story of my life. I feel bad every time I eat. It has just gotten worse the older I get and I'm only 29! It started about 4 years ago and I had such trouble eating I got down to barely 100 lbs. Then I started feeling better if I just ate smaller meals, lighter meals. Now it's gotten crazy again and I practically live on Tums. I know it's because I eat the wrong foods, but I love food and I love eating a lot of it. The only time I didn't get that feeling is when I was eating healthier, I guess because my belly can't handle certain things anymore. I also noticed a big difference when I ate more veggies. I hate having to watch what I eat all the time because I love all the things my belly hates. So occasionally I will indulge and suffer with a stomachache and deal with it.
    The only thing I can suggest is a change of diet, see it anything helps.

you notice a big difference when you eat veggies as in good or bad?

I seriously need to start growing my own fruits and veggies (dont trust the supermarket) because I am living off of cereal and tater tots.Not good at all.This is probably why i'm feeling like crap all the time but there is nothing else for me to eat without worrying!

I recently had a bug but I'm over it now. Try eating a low fat diet. Fats are
    worse than sugar since it's harder to digest.

I get that all the time!

I blame anxiety...