Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: did you v* or have d*?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • d*

7 33.33%
  • v*

0 0%
  • v* and d*

0 0%
  • no

14 66.67%

So, I cannot find any straight answers online.Some say you v* some say you don't.Some confuse influenza with the stomach virus.

I don't remember ever having the flu...only colds.

So how many of you have had the flu and what were your symptoms?

You must be one healthy chick if you've never had flu and only 4 stomach viruses ever. Now, I voted for d* but I can't tell if it was actually from the flu virus or from the fact that my eating habits were out of whack and I was worried that I might v*, which I never did, and I've had it a few times over the years, for sure in 1991, 1995, and 1998 and 99

If I get the flu, or even a cold or sinus infection, I'll usually get d*. It doesn't worry me too bad when it happens, it's not like the sv* where you cramp and feel n*, it's simply snot not digesting. I've never v* from the flu, nor has anyone I know.

I voted no, I'm had loose stools before but it was from the drainage and wouldn't be classified as d.

I think kids are more likely to v from the flu due to the drainage and fever. I've never known an adult to v from it. Ironcially though I know this I still worry about it LOL!Edited by: SimplyMe
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I had d* the first time I had the flu as a child. the second time I had it, I didn't have much respiratory symptoms, so I didn't end up having it that time. my mom got n* from it and I did a little, but the pain and fever together were enough to cause a bit of n* by their very intensity! not to scare anybody. I never even came close to v* either time I had it.

those were probably the two most miserable weeks of my life though.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMe
    I voted no, I'm had loose stools before but it was from the drainage and wouldn't be classified as d.

I think kids are more likely to v from the flu due to the drainage and fever. I've never known an adult to v from it. Ironcially though I know this I still worry about it LOL!
    What does "drainage" mean?

I usually have d* if I eat something crappy or some days my stomach is throwing a fit (thankfully no IBS) but that's pretty much it (besides the constant nausea I think results from anxiety)

I used to get colds every time I had my period but that seemed to stop.Now I just have allergies.Edited by: xmdslatx

it means the mucus in your sinuses draining into your stomach. it is less likely to irritate your stomach if you keep at least a little bit of food in there, but that can be hard when you are so feverish and weak. I have never heard of anybody v*ing from the flu though.

i have had d* from the flu, but i don't think it was flu-related, i think it
    was just my nerves

Quote Originally Posted by tessa17
    it means the mucus in your sinuses draining into your stomach. it is less likely to irritate your stomach if you keep at least a little bit of food in there, but that can be hard when you are so feverish and weak. I have never heard of anybody v*ing from the flu though.
    this is going to sound gross..but..swallowing the "snot" will cause the same?lol

Whenever i'm having nasal issues whether it be allergy or cold, I cannot spit every time it comes

I had the flu 2 years ago. Mostly it was crazy body aches and fever. It lasted about a full 7 days and the last day I had quite a bit of d*. My doctor said it was probably by body trying to shed the remaining virus on top of taking all the medication without eating.

I don't remember being n* and I definitely never v* or even came close. I just mostly remember sleeping and hurting and having some REALLY CRAZY fever dreams. Oh, and weak. I could barely walk in the other room.
    Edited by: mochababy

I've had the flu a couple times in my life, and I never v*ed or had d*. I don't even remember ever feeling significantly n* with the flu. The main things I recall were the headaches, fatigue, and the 103-degree fever.
    ~ Natalie

Quote Originally Posted by xmdslatx
    Quote Originally Posted by tessa17
    this is going to sound gross..but..swallowing the "snot" will cause the same?lol

Whenever i'm having nasal issues whether it be allergy or cold, I cannot spit every time it comes
    Yes, swallowing too much snot can definitely make you v* - it's happened to me before when I had a cold one time. It takes a lot of snot on an empty stomach to do that though, which is why it only happened once and I had been swallowing it my entire life up to that point.

Now I make sure I have plenty of Afrin and blow my nose all the time... I don't want that to happen again.
    ~ Natalie

I had the flu last February and had horrible body and leg aches it was awful. I didnt have n* or d*. With a typical head cold for me, I feel congested and very gaggy.
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would rather have a cold or the flu than the stomach virus.i see people on yahoo answers claiming to feel so horrible with a head cold.

i think they suck but nowhere as bad as noro.