Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

today one of my dogs ate a bunch of gum, and the vet told me I had to make him vomit, because the gum can cause severe health problems. So I had to purposely force-feed my dog hydrogen peroxide, and stay with him while he was horribly sick over and and over to see if he really had eaten the gum. I felt so bad for him, but the only panic came when I DIDN'T see any gum!

I think I took at least a small step forward today, but I feel so horrible now because it looks like he wasn't even the one who ate it! my poor doggy had to go through all that for nothing! I was sure it was him because he's always the one that eats stuff, but now I think it was the other one, and even though i know my dog doesn't care anymore about the vomiting, I feel so bad that I had to make him go through that!

at least I was able to stay with him through it all. A few years ago I wouldn't even have been able to do that, much less give him something I knew would make him sick.

That is amazing. I think I'd be too scared to do that. I hope you dog's feeling better. Even though it's upsetting he had to go through that even though he didn't eat it, it's much better to be safe than sorry. Some v*ing's better than whatever long term affects the gum could've had. But congratulations!
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.