Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: how many times did you v*?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

10 16.13%
  • 1 time

11 17.74%
  • 2 times

10 16.13%
  • 3 times

10 16.13%
  • 4-7 times

6 9.68%
  • 8-10 times

8 12.90%
  • lost count

7 11.29%

So how many times did you actually v* when you had the sv*??? I am curious to know because it helps me calm down a bit to hear from others.

The last time I had it it was only 3 times..i'm pretty sure.I think I might have did one more but I was in shock and traumatized from it.

I was lucky enough to get that "warning feeling" instead of it just happening so I could run to the bathroom.

I'm assuming you mean the last time. The time before was much worse.

The last time (about 10 years ago) it was every 30 minutes for about 8-10 hours. Every time I would come out of my room I'd look at the clock and exactly 30 minutes would have went by.

Granted I 'allow' myself and don't try to fight it. I also drank a little after each time because I felt that was better than dry heaving, plus I felt so horrible that afterward was a relief each time.

If I were one of you guys that fight it...it would have been much less. I felt so bad that I didn't care.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the last one I had was none. but the time before that, about 8 years ago, was many times (I think that sv* really contributed to my fear). at least I only had d* one time!

How do you fight it? I tried last time but it was coming one way or the other.

The first time I remember having the sv* it was practically every 20 minutes for a few hours it seemed like and I don't think I had d*.I think I was like..12 or something.

Luckily last time it was only few times.

I didn't know I could fight it so I didn't. at that time i wasn't afraid of it. Except the last time I v*...but nobody wants to hear about that![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

The only times I remember vomiting (last time was when I was 10), it was only one episode each. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3 times...that was over 14 years ago now. I was only 8 years old at the time.

It was three times in one evening, about an hour apart. I wasn't even emet when it came on, but after it happened I was so traumatised, having spent my childhood v* free, that I remember saying to my mum 'I don't want to be sick ever again' but an hour isn't enough time for full blown emet to take hold, so I relented twice more that night. It was nearly 4 times but I remember clear as day fighting the last bout of nausea off. Ugh.

I remember two weeks later, July 1994, I felt really n* again and had a night of panic and that was when emetophobia started. For six months I barely ate without feeling n* and my parents couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.

But why why why do I remember EVERYTHING about that night as though it happened yesterday? Of all the nice things that have happened since as well, huh!

It's tragic to say, but the evening of 2nd July 1994 was the most traumatic event of my childhood - all cos I threw up three times! I'm lucky that I had a very good childhood, so I suppose there was something I needed to be afraid of.

The last time I had the SV was when I was six, and I v*ed once.
    ~ Natalie

i v*d 8 times in 8 hours and after each time i was like if i v* again im
    going to the er because id never had so many episodes in one night sso
    i thought i was dying but if i think now it wasnt that bad
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

I had a Sv 2 years ago and I vomited once. A few days before I got sick I changed my friends baby's poop diaper. I got doing something else right after and forgot to wash my hands. I know thats how I got it.

Four times. Quite horrible, I'm sorry to say. I know lots of people feel that the actual act is truly not as bad as the anticipation/nausea/anxiety/fear, but for me, it was utterly horrific and even worse than I had expected all those years.

(For those people I'm almost sure to be frightening, take heart at all the stories of those who got sick and said it wasn't so bad after all! I'm really in a minority here.)

~Madeleine
    Seventeen-year-old Madeleine, from Rhode Island

The last several times I had sv* I only had d*. A lot of it. I was n* and I dry h* the last time but never v*. I think I always fight it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzia

It was three times in one evening, about an hour apart. I wasn't even emet when it came on, but after it happened I was so traumatised, having spent my childhood v* free, that I remember saying to my mum 'I don't want to be sick ever again' but an hour isn't enough time for full blown emet to take hold, so I relented twice more that night. It was nearly 4 times but I remember clear as day fighting the last bout of nausea off. Ugh.

I remember two weeks later, July 1994, I felt really n* again and had a night of panic and that was when emetophobia started. For six months I barely ate without feeling n* and my parents couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.

But why why why do I remember EVERYTHING about that night as though it happened yesterday? Of all the nice things that have happened since as well, huh!
    Same here.
    I was never afraid of myself v* ever until that night I had the sv*.it was bad and was even worse when the lates salmonella outbreak happened and i started researching everything about bacteria/viruses and became paranoid.Big mistake! lol

I wonder if we can have post traumatic stress from a v* episode? I am defiantly traumatized.

The last sv* I had, I lost count at 15! With the one before that, I v* only twice. And when I was young, I only ever v* once with each sv* I had. Edited by: penny77

so weird how we all react.

is it the specific strain or the immune system that determines how many times you v*?

I think it should be kept in mind that people often think they have a sv* when they don't... So perhaps some of the people in the current 20% proportion of those in the '0' category thought they had a sv* when they maybe had a touch of food poisoning (that maybe only made them d*), or perhaps just an upset stomach.

Remember that if you have a sv* that causes v*ing, then your body WILL v* at least once, it's highly unlikely that it will not cause v*ing at all. There are of course strains that only cause d*, but as this is a forum for those who fear v*ing, I'm sure the question was mainly intended for the type of sv* that causes v*.
    Lauren xx

whenever i've had sv*, its always about 8-10 times, sometimes more, and it will last 8 hours......! i hate it!

Last time was twice, but the second time was only becuase I had Tylenol with a glass of water to keep my fever down ( I was pregnant).

Knock wood, I've only ever v once at a time. It is absolutely terrifying to hear about how often it can happen.

I think its interesting how it seems so many of us can remember so many details about each instance. I know I can remember what I was wearing when I was sick in first grade and again in second grade. I can remember the date and all kinds of minute details about those days.

Four times at the hospital and every time I went into the bathroom, I saw that no one had cleaned up after me. So of course when I was in the Emergency Room a month ago, I was terrified to use the bathroom for fear they would not have cleaned up after someone ... you know.

~Madeleine
    Seventeen-year-old Madeleine, from Rhode Island

Quote Originally Posted by xmdslatx
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzia

Same here.
    I was never afraid of myself v* ever until that night I had the sv*.it was bad and was even worse when the lates salmonella outbreak happened and i started researching everything about bacteria/viruses and became paranoid.Big mistake! lol

I wonder if we can have post traumatic stress from a v* episode? I am defiantly traumatized.

Me too!!! I've only had a sv* once.. (knock on wood please), and thats when it all started. I remember everything, including the time that i woke up. And it was probably about 11 or 12 years ago. Afterwards i was fine, but then a few days later, i was with my parents at a restraunt and just started having this major panic attack that i was going to get s* and ever since then, its been a daily thing. I hate it. Its funny though how before that one night, i was fine and my life was great and i had nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by clands
    Me too!!! I've only had a sv* once.. (knock on wood please), and thats when it all started. I remember everything, including the time that i woke up. And it was probably about 11 or 12 years ago. Afterwards i was fine, but then a few days later, i was with my parents at a restraunt and just started having this major panic attack that i was going to get s* and ever since then, its been a daily thing. I hate it. Its funny though how before that one night, i was fine and my life was great and i had nothing to worry about.
    It sucks...i hate myself for researching crap on fp*!! if i didnt do it, i would still be eating yummy meals without worry.

its not only fast food that i dont eat, but healhty foods too like fruits and veggies.

i liked chicken ceaser salads but i cannot even eat one now.

but on the other hand, i always think of how i could have prevented fp* and a long time full of misery.

i wish there was a special suppliment to ensure i will not get fp*!!!!

this past time, only twice. the time before, i did it 6 or 7 times in 4 hours.

I find it amazing how we all remember all these minute details about the last time we v*! I remember details too from so many years ago when it happened. Yet if you ask me what I wore 2 days ago I don't know!! Weird.

Three times. I didn't have anti emetics then(
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

And I didn't have d*
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

oh my god after reading all these stories im really really scared....i only vomited once when i was 10 and had no other symptoms, i thort that my immune system would fight off a sv without vomiting but after reading these posts i am really scared and never ever want to v* once if at all.....i didnt even know you could v* every half an hour for hours!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]
    [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

i didnt really lose count like i put, i v* 12 times in 2 days