Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

To be honest, I thought I was the only person on the face of the planet to have this problem. It doesn't help me at all, but at least I can know that I'm not alone.

to finish my point. I Don't know what it's like to 'throw up"

I've spent years trying to keep myself away from it. I am leaving for a 6 week business trip, and it scares the hell out of me.

I was getting my haircut yesterday and started freaking out..."what if I have to throw up?" How can I get out of this chair, where can I go?

I worry when crossing bridges, I worry that I'll have to throw up while on on the bridge and there is nothing I can do about it.

I have to go to SF on business. I land in Oakland, I have to cross the Bay Bridge. I know it won't be much fun. It's not a fear of the bridge, it's the fear I'll get sick on it and there is no place to pull over. I don't know what it's like to throw up, I'm 32 and the only time I've "thrown up" I was too drunk to remember...but I still couldn't eat for weeks.

Like I said, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. but I've been living with this for so long. I don't even want to have kids cause I'll have to clean up puke. If I so to hang out with people...I make sure everyone is "ok" before I hang out.

I guess I'm just at a loss, I don't think I can be helped, buit I'd like to not let this take over me, like it has

do not "so"

if I "do" hang out with people.

What time will you be traveling on the bridge? If it's during commute then the best you can do is relax.

If there isn't that much traffic I think it's no more than a 10 minute trip.

I personally would like driving to SF than taking Bart...Bart goes underneath the Bay and I know for sure I would freak out!

One trick I use to reassure me while I'm driving is I always have a trash bag in my car just in case.I know that if I do have to v* I do it in the bag and there will be little to no mess.

Just breathe threw it.

I think there are a few other bridges to get there as well(might make the trip longer)Edited by: xmdslatx

xmdslatx, thank you.

Yeah, I thought about taking Bart from the airport. My favorite thing to do as a kid was to go to Boston, and just ride the Subway. I can't even do that anymore. But I don't think there is a Oak to SF BART or anything close

I know I need to get over this...I've been over the "Bay Bridge" before. I just can't function at this point. I'm sure I'll make it over ok, but it'll be a long 5-6 minutes

It's so annoying cause it's all in my head. But that doesn't help anything

You are by far the only one, quite of a few of us out there Its not a cure but its a comforting feeling knowing you are just not crazy or something huh

Best thing I can recommend is learn some relaxation methods they work quite good in stressful situations

Welcome Mike. I never realized so many others feared this either until I found this site.

I know exactly what you mean about crossing the bridge. I always carry an empty plastic bag in my car just in case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Mike,

I live in the bay area, and you have to drive pretty far out of the way to avoid bridges. Sorry. There is a bart line from oakland to sf though, if that is an option for you. I hope you have a decent time here, and are able to relax. Let us know how it went.

--Kim