Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Barroom puke?

Just had to share about this nasty thing that happened last night. We were at a bar and somebody might have puked right by where we were sitting. I say might have because I didn't see it happen and what was on the floor was scant and didn't look like emesis.

I only became aware of it when a girl slipped on the liquid and landed on her butt in the middle of it. If it was puke, it must have been really disgusting for her. A few minutes later, a fellow came with a mop, and the man who was sitting nearest the scene pointed at the spill and stuck his finger in his mouth. I don't know if he saw how it got there either.

The whole incident left me kind of freaked out. Even though I know that if it was puke, it was drunk puke, and you can't catch anything from it, I was made very uncomfortable by being that close to suspected puke.

Doug

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My friend wants to go to a bar with me but I do not want to because of this..I don't even want to go to parties either that involve drinking.

My brother got so drunk one time, if my parents didn't take him to the hospital, he would have died.

That little bastard didn't even have a hang over the next day! I was pissed.He hasn't learned his lesson because he's still mixing drugs and alcohol.

Default Re: Barroom puke?

Aw, go to the bar, xmd. You'll probably have a good time and not see any puke.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Yeah....what sucks about emet is that when we are in a potential face-to-face proximity with v* it can challenge our triumphs....I'm still scarred by that picture of the little kid and his dad in the car...

Go to the bar! Chances are you wont see anything! I'm born and raised in Las Vegas and did the whole club thing prior to kids and I saw it maybe twice over 8 year span! Especially earlier in the night! Go have fun I like to say when I do things that challenge me that "I'm spreading my wings!"

I always avoid bar bathrooms after 930/10pm. But I still go to bars. I find older crowds are better than younger college bars. Surprisingly I've become a bit desensitized. I know I can't catch it and thus far I've been able to keep calm when small incidents have arisen.