Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]When I was around seven or eight I became sick and I was sick over and over again, I would V up to ten times a day. Than I would recover and become sick again two days after I recovered. The same thing happened. Iwould V10 or more times a day than I would recover and in less than a week I would be sick again... and V. This went on for months. I almost died from dehydration. The doctors ran all kinds of tests and coldnt find any reason as to why I became so ill. The doctor said that it must have been a reinfection witha rotavirus. To top this off both of my parents were alcoholics and I was abused as a child. I became afraid ofV and my intoxicated parents wouldV all the time. They wouldV on me and chase me with their emet just to be cruel because they knew I was afraid of it. OnceI left home(at 16)this fear subsided and I wasnt sick again untill I became pregnant with my first baby(about 4 years later). My husband was very supportive. I am 8 months pregnant with my second baby now and my husband has no idea I fear this. I became so sick again just last January and I ended up hospitalized. I had a terribel experience at the hospital thatI wont even get into. This fear has returned worse than ever and is ruining my life.

I start panicking when my toddler wakes up in the middle of the night. I am afraid she will become sick. I live alone right now(my husband is in the military) soI will have to take care of her. I want to care for her if she's sick but I don't think I would be capable of caring for her if she started to V. Last time I cared for her when she V I ended up sick two days later(Than I was hospitalized). That's how my fear returned worse than ever.

I am also eight months pregnant so i'm more opt to V. I hope I don't V. Any encouragment would be great. Thanks for listening....

~Amy

"BIG encouragement vibes!" Hi! are you new to this site? If so welcome, if not, ignore me I'm dumb! I haven't been here long. That's so terrible about your parnets that must have been awful for you. As for your child, the odds of her getting sick while the daddy is away are very low, and if it does happen is there an in law you could call or something? Best of luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the site. What a sad story! Oh my goodness - no wonder you've got this phobia. I wonder if, since your husband is in the military, if you're able to get free psychiatric help. I don't know if there are any good military psychiatrists or even psychologists, but there used to be because I've read some of their work.

Cruise around this site, and you will find a lot of help. But professional help for a person with a background such as yours would be a really good idea.

Good luck!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

u r so brave telling ur story...u must have been thru so much...my phobia did not come from such horific circumstances and i cant even imagine wot u went thru...welcome 2 the site

Quote Originally Posted by missgoddess
    u r so brave telling ur story...u must have been thru so much...my phobia did not come from such horific circumstances and i cant even imagine wot u went thru...welcome 2 the site

I agree!!! Reading your story brought tears to my eyes!! I CAN'T believe you had to go through all of that and at such a young age!! I'm SOOO sorry!! **Hugs** Well, you are at a place where you can find tonsof support, help, advice, encouragment through living with this phobia!! You will also make some wonderful friends here!! I am really really sorry that you had such a rough past!! I can't imagine how hard that must've been for you!!!Welcome to the family and do post if you need anything or just want to talk!! Good luck with the baby!!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Wow, I can imagine why you're so afraid. *hugs* I have heard that some
    women go through pregnancy without v* at all. My mom told me that she
    was sick when she was pregnant with me and my sister, but she didn't
    throw up once with my youngest sister. So try not to worry. That must be
    hard with your husband not being home, but do you have any close
    friends who could help you out if you needed it? Your fear is
    understandable, and if you have any close friends or realtives nearby,
    they would probably help you out.
    You'll be in my prayers!

--Alli
    <font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.</font>
    —Seneca</font>

Question...Has anyone ever pictured their favourate TV/Movie star ever throwing up....

Quote Originally Posted by roslynn
    Question...Has anyone ever pictured their favourate TV/Movie star ever throwing up....

Roslynn,

I find myself doing that sometimes, and it really creeps me out. I also often do that with people that are close to me such as family and friends.
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

oh that goes without saying....no doute about that.

amy, im so sorry to hear of what u went thru. i went thru a similar experience, but it defenitely wasnt v* my parents chased me with.

anyway, welcome to our family i hope u feel at home here. i hope to talk to you soon.

Jen xxxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Quote Originally Posted by roslynn

Well now I am! lol just kidding

<font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="95%" align=center>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD class=bold>roslynn wrote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" bgColor=#d8d8d8>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>
    <T>
    <TR>
    <TD class=text>Question...Has anyone ever pictured their favourate TV/Movie star ever throwing up....</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

i dont have a favourite TV movie star really... im not much good with famous ppl, but i do randomly picture ppl io see on the street v*ing, if im having a bad day emet wise. i also picture my family and friends doing it too. its not very nice, kinda puts you off them, which i KNOW isnt right [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Jen xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN: