Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Yes, diagnose by a doctor

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but Never consulted a doctor about i

24 72.73%
  • No

6 18.18%
  • Unsure

3 9.09%

I am asking because from the friends I made here it seems like many do suffer from IBS and sadly because of it I along with others suffer with bad cramps which in thought can lead to nausea. So wondering who else suffer?

It would seem it messed up first two should say

-Yes and diagnose by a doctor
    -Yes, But never consulted a doctor
    -No
    -Unsure

Yes, but my I told my doctor and he didn't care.

[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I voted for "Yes, but Never consulted a doctor" because I have had bad constipation for my entire life. (TMI?) Not to the point where I can't go at all, but pain, straining, some bleeding, and incomplete emptying are completely normal for me every day (no matter what/how much I eat). In fact, I didn't even know that was abnormal until a few years ago... I assumed everyone else was like me as well. Then I read up on IBS and that seemed to explain a lot.

I don't get intestinal cramps/nausea, though.
    ~ Natalie

I think I may have a very mild occasional case..if thats even possible.

I never did understand it.I would have random bouts.I still do and don't know why.

Actually, my doctor told me that if I can lower my anxiety then it should subside. Mine only happens when I'm really stressed or the day before my period. OR when I eat certain things. I avoid a lot of whole grains, and no greasy/sweet food in the morning.

Also if I wake up really hungry then I know I shouldn't eat until the hunger goes away because for some reason I've noticed that if I do eat I'll start having the cramps that last for hours and I can't go to the BR, then when I finally do it's d*.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i vote yes and my dr knows all about it and i take nulev for it. that medication works great.

Yes, I have IBS and I've seen many Dr.'s about it. It's really no fun to have both IBS and Emet.

I voted
    -Yes and diagnose by a doctor.
    I first got diagnosed about 4 years ago. It settled for a while but it has started again in the past 3 months. I have noticed it does get worse when I'm stressed or anxious. It's was pretty awful when it started again because I was worried I had a s.v or something. I feel more relaxed now though that I know it's IBS even though I still don't enjoy it much.

Yes, I believe I have it and no, I haven't consulted a doctor. However, my mother has had both endoscopies and colonoscopies that have confirmed that she has IBS and I seem to have EVERYTHING my mother has. My sister calls me a clone of her haha. We both have the general anxiety disorder, hyperthyroidism, all that...

Yes I have it and I've sort of been diagnosed by a doctor. 3 or so years ago I had really bad pains in my stomach and my mum took me to hospital, the doctor there said it was IBS.
    Apparantly its also aggravated by my anxiety...

Yes I have it, I knew I had it but went to the doctors and he agreed without needing to do any tests thank goodness.

I have the constipation variety too, i get a really bloated stomach which is embarrassing, i'd love to get pregnant just so i could breath out [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] and it gets worse just before and during my period and also with stress, my fiance goes for a number 2 every morning within 5 minutes of getting out of bed, and i'm so jealous of that (fancy being jealous of a regular pooper!)

Having IBS does seem to very common with emets, which is a real pain cos the last thing you need when you're terrified of v* is something wrong with your digestive system cos you're never sure if it's "just the IBS" or something more sinister [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

no
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

I answered yes, but I have been to different doctors and diagnosed properly with it (this wasn't an option in the poll)
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Yes and never spoken to a Doctor about it. In fact I'm suffering really badly right now due to stress [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]