Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ick!

PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

http://www.wnbc.com/news/17539627/detail.html

I'm so glad they decided not to otherwise I would refuse to eat Ben and Jerry Ice cream!

EW! But why'd they focus on B&J? Why not every other company that uses dairy products??? [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Perhaps because B&J is a very liberal company and they thought they might actually find at least a sympathetic ear, but it also might be just because B&J is BIG and everyone knows about their ice cream and associates them with ice cream they were a good target. In short a publicity stunt.

I'll bet there's a LOT more cows they can get milk from than humans willling to do it![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]It's so ridiculous it's kind of funny. Not that I'm for animal abuse, but the lengths these people will go to...

Hmmm... see ina way i dont technically have a problem with it well not my own breast milk anyway (when i had it) as its full of goodness its not an awful thing. but then i think its different eating/drinking other peoples, but there are plenty of people out there that actually sell there breast milkto others to use with their babys if they cantbreastfeed

I would eat it...hahaha. Breastmilk is the best!

I would eat it too. Breastmilk both tastes good and has great immune system building properties.

OMG, I heard this on howard stern the other day. That is incredibly disgusting. I know they were probably only saying it to make a point-but still. ick
    *Mandi*

???? dont they know that a cow needs to be milked or it could die??
    and even if they dont have babys they produce milk all there life

if ben and jerrys did that i would be protesting against my chunk
    monkey
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

so this is what i don't get... it's not fair to milk a cow, but it's fair to milk
    a human?

phahahahhaha... true....
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

You know humans are the only species that gets their milk from another species.[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] Edited by: grgygrl
    Georgi

If I was lactating I would sneak breastmilk into my boys' food for the immunity benefits. Ah but I haven't lactated in many years. I have to say though that the thought of eating anything that comes from a human body really grosses me out. It may not make sense because cows are not the cleanest, but I just shudder at the thought of breastmilk ice cream. Even though my husband used to tell me it tasted like the milk at the end of your cereal. Pretty cool that we can produce good tasting stuff out of our bodies!
    JANNA

I think that breast milk is very healthy (provided that the women eats healthy/doesn't smoke/drink or have hiv)

but I wouldn't want it in my food.I won't even drink my own breast milk whenever i have a kid (i will feed my baby though)

i don't like ANY fluid from humans.It just disgusts me lol.

Breastmilk is a beautiful thing...for babies. If someone is going to donate their breastmilk to Ben & Jerry's, why don't they donate it for premature infants in the NICU? It just seems like a silly publicity stunt.

Ben & Jerry's newest flavor: Mint Chocolate Tit. Enjoy![img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

No crap, its a publicity stunt....and here we are...talking about PETA and breast milk....

Yummmmmm. Chocolate mint tit! LOL.
    I would never eat breast milk ice cream.

By the way, I was joking about wanting breastmilk ice cream! I've tried breastmilk, made me gag just because its milk from me...weird.

Although I could care less if it is human or cow milk I am drinking / eating - PETA is still a pathetic, hypocritical, extremist organization that abuses both human and animal rights.
    http://www.petakillsanimals.com/down...KillsAnimals.p dfEdited by: teh folder

I thing we should start coming up with funny titles for pretend ice cream breast milk flavors, because the chocolate mint tit was hilarious. I however, cannot think of one.
    JANNA

How about "Titties and Cream" [img]smileys/smilies_13.gif[/img]

lol!!!

boobie bonanza?? ^_^

Laughing my arse off right now. I love body part humor.
    JANNA

Ah, PETA. Their heart's in the right place but who the hell knows where their brain is.

They unfortunately give vegetarians a bad name since a lot of people associate the extremist activities of this group with all vegetarians and we get stereotyped.

I personally don't think eating meat is wrong. All animals do it. I'm just grossed out by the means we go to get meat nowadays. (Pumping cattle with steroids, feeding animals with feed that is unnatural to them so they can grow bigger, etc.)

And this breast milk proposition? Gross. Get over it, PETA. I don't want to walk into the grocery store and see Marvelous Mammary Ben & Jerry's. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

OMG MARVELOUS MAMMARY!!!! i literally just choked on my english muffin!!!!!!!