Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Femcon FE

SLIGHTLY GRAPHIC

So I went to the pharmacy to get a refill on my NEW birth control bill - Femcon FE. They did not have stock so I had to start a day late -- as prescribed I took two pills on Monday (to make up for missing Sunday). Low and behold 4 a.m. rolls around and I jump out of bed feeling VERY s*. I went and laid down on the couch (away from everyone) and the coolness of the couch made me feel SLIGHLY better.

Well shortly after my husband got up for work so I went back to the bedroom still feeling s*. Just before he left I asked him to get me the dreaded bucket -- then before I knew it IT happend. I felt horrible all day. N* and terrible headache so I stayed home from work and slept until after 2:00. The kicker is that I still felt bad this am (most likely because I took my birth control before bed as usual).

I have never, ever, ever v* due to birth control (and have tried at least 10 different kinds due to my endemetrosis) but know this brand made me feel like I had morning sickness for the first two cycles so I should have known better than to chance it.

The bright side is -- it wasn't that bad (the actual act). The leadup to it was horrible but I didn't panic -- I did take a 1/2 phenegran and drank some Emetrol (obviously too late for both). But remember I am more afraid of OTHERS so I'm hoping it was just the pills and not a virus or I may have to face my "real" fear.

Anyone else have problems with "the pill" or have a similar experience to share?

I've been put on Yaz for really awful periods, and though I've never v*, I have had some wierd n* that started around the same time as I started the pills so I think it was from them. by wierd I mean I am only n* if I bend over, or twist, or some other movement like that. it's really wierd, and was pretty scary the first time. at least if I sit still I feel okay!

I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth the relief the pills have caused--I've been having really bad problems with being irritable (funny though, I don't really have problems with depression like I used to) and anxious. This is pretty bad considering I work with dogs, and it takes a lot of patience to deal with dozens of dogs barking at you constantly all day long. I used to never have a problem, but I am pretty sure the pills are causing this and it's really hard. I've been on them for like seven months now so I don't think it's going to go away. I just want to feel like myself again! (though for some reason they've caused me to lose a bunch of weight, so I'm afraid if I go off of them I'll gain it back! wierd, huh?)

im on the nuva ring, made me cramp a little, but no tummy problems!!!!!
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

oh no i'm so sorry! i can totally relate, though. my periods are horrible.
    i suffer from cysts and fibroids and cramps that make me pass out. my
    gyno suggested i try BC pills a couple of years back and she prescribed
    ortho tricyclen lo. i took one that sunday night and was ok monday. i
    took the second one that monday night and woke up at 5am retching. it
    was awful. i never v'ed, but i felt horrible that entire day, just
    exhausted and queasy. i quit them immediately and haven't tried
    another brand since. everyone reacts differently to each and every pill.
    ugh it sucks. i wish i had the courage to try another because my periods
    are so agonizing. hope you're feeling better soon!

Thank you both - I'm fine now although it was difficult to take Tuesdays pill for fear that I would be ill again. Somehow I managed (probably because the thought of having morning sickness scares me even worse - LOL).

Tessa17 -- my coworker takes Yaz and also has severe problems with irritability (the guys around here say she's always been bitchy - LOL) but I noticed a difference in her attitude. She went on the generic brand of the SAME pill and has been doing better -- BTW you LOST weight on the pill??? I have been gaining like there is no tomorrow... Maybe I should ask for YAZ - LOL.

Afraid123 -- the Nuvaring - does it have hormones??? I have to have hormones to keep my endemetrosis in check or I'll have such bad cramps that sometimes I have to go to the ER for a shot of painkillers (similar to prncesspnk -- I don't pass out but sometimes will v* from the pain).

Anyway, thanks for the support -- you guys are GREAT!!!

well, generally people gain weight with yaz, but my doctor's theory is that since the condition I have (polycystci ovary syndrome) causes weight gain that since the pills are controlling the condition they are allowing me to lose weight. I still have to work at it, but before I was very quickly gaining weight no matter what I did. it was pretty depressing because people were starting to comment on how much I weighed. I'm much happier now.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I'm very happy for you -- being able to take the weight off. I understand about people commenting on weight -- infuriate me!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

I have the Mirena IUC right now, I've had it for almost a month. The first two days I had awful cramps that felt almost as bad as labor contractions, but I attributed that to the fact that the doctor had to dilate my cervix in order to place the thing. I had to take really strong painkillers to even get remotely comfortable. I just ovulated this past week and I'm spotting slightly and I have been fairly n* and swore up and down at least four times that "it" was going to happen, but it never did. I ended up with really bad d* though, and I'm still slightly n* all day, and unfortunately it's making me not want to eat. But when I was on the pill (ortho tri-cyclen), I never once felt s* or anything. I've never heard of Femcon before, do you know if it's a new brand?

Anyway, the n* is probably just your body adjusting to the hormones. Is this the first refill you've had to get? My hormones were out of whack when I started on the pill for about 3 months, and then everything settled down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Even if I wanted to I would be too worried to be on it.

I heard that if you are likely to become sick (n* or v*) while on birth control, then you are more likely to have morning sickness! freaked me the f- out.

I was terrified before taking them, but seriously the alternative was worse (and just as likely to cause v*) so I took it anyway. funny how they say it's the most common side effect, yet of all the people I've known who've taken them, I've never known anyone to v* from any kind of BC pills!