Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Birth Control

just a warning for every emet! NEVER miss a Birth Control pill and then double up!!!

i did this 3 days ago and i didnt know that it makes you sick! i was a crying mess. i didnt actually v. but i gagged and ugh. i dont want to talk about it its making me feel sick. had i known that it would have made me sick, i would have never doubled up and definately just skipped it.

so i just wanted to let everyone know that you should try to avoid that at all costs.

is this only with some birth control pills because i have done it severaltimes before when i used to be on the pill and i was fine!

I'ts never happened to me in 40 years when i took two. It must have been a different reason.

It makes some people sick, and others are fine. just like some people get morning sickness and some don't.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]the hormones in the pills affect different people in different ways. I would never take two pills though--I just take one whenever I remember and take the next one 24 hours after that. since I'm not taking them to prevent getting pregnant, I can get away with it.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I had to do that once, and I called the pharmacy....they actually told me, "You will throw up." I completely freaked, but I ended up being totally fine.
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Why did you double up though, it makes no difference...If you miss one you just miss it completely and keep going normally the next day taking one tablet, doubling up doesn't fix the situation does it? My father's a pharmacist and he told me that doubling up does nothing in terms of providing extra contraception, or compensating for the day you've missed.
    Lauren xx

I have done it SEVERAL times, and it never made me sick. It really does depend on the person.

I too just had the same experience with Femcon FE. The pharmacy didn't have them in stock on Sunday so on Monday I took two. I woke up deathly ill on Tuesday morning and I did v*. In fact, posted my experience -- sorry you didn't get a chance to read it. I posted under experiences.

Sorry for your trouble -- wish I could have prevented it for you seeing that I just (last Monday) did this to myself--I will never, ever, ever double up again. I learned a very valuable lesson.

NOTE: I have been on probably a dozen different bc pills and have always doubled in the past (if I missed a dose) but never had an experience like the stupid Femcon FE!!! And everyone is different so there is no reason to believe that you will become s* if you are planning to start taking birth control.

I have doubled up on my pills in the past and never gotten sick from it. But the pills I am on now say that if you miss a pill and remember to close to the next dose that you should just skip that dose and not take 2 at once.

One of the many reasons that I take Depo-Provera... [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.