Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do certian noises /thoughts triggernausea

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

15 48.39%
  • no

4 12.90%
  • sometimes

12 38.71%
  • rarely

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Sometimes certain noises and thoughts(other than v* and sickness) trigger nausea and anxiety for me.

For instance, they thought of someone being in a car crash,shot or being hurt in general affects me.I think it's a mixture of not wanting people to be hurt along with not wanting them to bleed near me (I have a problem with all human bodily fluids)

I could have SWORN I heard a lady scream(and not the happy scream if you know what I mean lol..she sounded like she was in pain or someone else was) in the early morning when I was feeling ill.

It was pretty loud like right outside my window.Nobody was watching tv or anything and I expected an ambulance to come roaming through the neighborhood but nothing.It was really weird.Anyways, it spike my anxiety.I'm pretty sure I'm not schizophrenic so I have no clue what that was.lol

Anyways, do any certain noises and thoughts do weird things to you?

I have a hard time when I hear anyone in the bathroom coughing, because my mind immediately jumps to conclusions (plus one of my sisters gags/v*s at the slightest provocation!)

mostly it's smells though. any smell I associate with I time I was sick, even if it's a good smell, makes me feel bad. I absolutely can't stand the smell of original lysol (I love the berry one) because that's what my mom used on everything when we were sick. even if I don't know that it's lysol I'm smelling, it physically makes me n*. in fact, that happened tonight when my sisters sprayed a new mattress with lysol (to get rid of spiders... [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] ) and I smelled it, and even though I didn't know it was lysol, I've been feeling a bit n* ever since. just have to keep telling myself I haven't been anywhere I could have picked up a bug...

The smell of newpaper makes me feel sick. When I was a kid my mom would line a bucket with newspaper in case I got sick. So now when ever I smell the ink from newspaper I think about that.

I also can't stand when people cough. Like cough HARD. I feel like they may vomit or at least gag.

I used to work with someone who gaged over EVERYTHING.It was so annoying.I don't know what his problem was but he was always in the bathroom v*.

Lol there's almost something darkly amusing about those who gag over everything. Maybe because they're the polar opposite to us. I lived in the USA for three months in a house full of interns and one of them would also gag and v* over practically anything - blood scenes on TV and then one night he took the trash out as it was one of his chores, but the smell of it made him run outside to v*. I found it comic at the time as I knew I wouldn't catch anything and I didn't see/hear anything, and he was a funny person.

The only non-v* related things that can make me feel sick are smells. Usually smells that remind me of being ill when younger, or when other people were. Smell is the most provocative sense for conjuring up memories, good or bad, I find.

I'm pretty hardened to the visual. Blood and gore doesn't bother me and while some things can make me shudder, they don't make me feel ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzia
    Lol there's almost something darkly amusing about those who gag over everything. Maybe because they're the polar opposite to us. I lived in the USA for three months in a house full of interns and one of them would also gag and v* over practically anything - blood scenes on TV and then one night he took the trash out as it was one of his chores, but the smell of it made him run outside to v*. I found it comic at the time as I knew I wouldn't catch anything and I didn't see/hear anything, and he was a funny person.
    My only worry was him v* on the floor or something lol.it was gross and besides my worry it was funny.He is a HUGE dude..6 ft something 200 something pounds and he seems like he wouldn't be scared of anything or wouldn't be affected by anything but when it came to smells...LOL.

im pregnant, and the thought of certain foods make me feel sick. Also, the sound macaronni and cheese makes when it is stirred makes me gag.
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

yes certain smells make me n*. years ago i went to this place for work and there was this lady who wears a strong perfume. basically if you were 20ft from her you can still smell her perfume. one day there was a lunch at office nd i kinda felt n* and later v* in the bathroom. and recently when i went to this party i smelled this perfume. this sounds silly but for some reason i just remembered the smell of the perfume after so many years. my mind started to think about the day i v* and this smell just brought all those memories back i felt a little uneasy.

the sound of anyone coughing freaks me out. there's someone in my office who, when sneezing, sounds like they're retching, and I immediately jump and have to leave the office for a minute or two.

and for some reason, the sound of someone cracking their knuckles turns my stomach. i don't know why.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by metallikat87
    the sound of anyone coughing freaks me out. there's someone in my office who, when sneezing, sounds like they're retching, and I immediately jump and have to leave the office for a minute or two.
    Oh yeah! my stomach has turned upside down for a second if anybody coughs.

and if they stay in the bathroom too long.

car crashes and people screaming also make my stomach tighten..even if its a fender bender or someone messing around screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by afraid213
    Also, the sound macaronni and cheese makes when it is stirred makes me gag.

This is awsome! I was just talking about this yesterday!!! Someone in my office had mac & cheese and I felt so sick smelling it. I was even telling someone that I hate everything about it. The way it smells, the color of it and the noise it makes! I can't beleive you brought it up. How funny. I also feel the same way about tuna fish. I would NEVER eat either one of those things. EVER!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I love mac and cheese! haha but i haven't been able to eat it lately for the fact that i have been nauseas.i cannot eat anything heavy while im nauseas or it just screws my stomach up and get that nasty food feeling (like when you eat too much and think that you will never eat it again as long as you live)

Sometimes loud sounds (even expected) make me feel n*. When I was a kid I used to be afraid of loud sounds and it still haunts me.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Coughing, burping, gaging when coughing, hearing another
    person's stomach growl in a quiet room makes me feel ill
    too.
    9/11 makes me feel ill too - esp people breathing the
    smoke in the WTCs-- they prob vomed too.

Smokers scare me - esp when they cough. Ugh.

Hospitals make me feel ill - I hate doctors and I really
    hate surgeons.
    I hate the smell of the ocean. Makes me feel ill too.