Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Supernanny

One for those living in the UK I suppose!

I sat down at 8pm tonight with my dinner, in front of the TV (a rare night in and early finish at work!), and Supernanny was on Channel 4. I usually watch it because it reinforces my belief that I don't want children!

But this week it was disgusting. The show featured two young twins who were bad attention seekers, but what they did to get their parents' attention was retch and make themselves sick, all the time. What got me, was that there were so many explicit shots of the children v*, and I was sitting there trying to eat my dinner!!

I was so exasperated I switched channels to watch something more dinner-time friendly (OK maybe not everyone eats dinner as late as me), but I still think programmes showing people v* (and it being real as well, not acted) should have a warning beforehand. Even my flatmate, who isn't emetophobic, thought it was disgusting. Who wants to see people throwing up on TV?

I'm going to send a complaint to Channel 4 anyway. Although that said, I shouldn't be surprised by Channel 4 who are currently obsessed with programmes about sex and full on nudity. Did anyone else see it?

I've seen kids that do that on Discovery Health channel in America, but they never actually show it happen. they just show the kid before/after etc. that's no fun to have that without any warning!

That's aweful! I agree that they should not show that on TV. It's bad enough to hear about what's going on in the house. Nobody need or wants to see it too. I think you should definitely complain. There was a better way to handle that episode.

I love supernanny. I have not seen that episode. I agree that there should be warnings on shows that are going to show that stuff. It's just gross.

i watch all the supernannys usually but with my new job was unable to watch it so i was goin to watch it on repeat this week but now i dont think i want to!! x

I love Supernanny as well; when I used to babysit for my neighbours I used some of her techniques, she's a genius! But anyway...I don't see why they needed to have so many shots of them v*ing, I suppose one would suffice for non-emets, even though it still isn't really necessary. Warnings would be good, but what category would they come under? "Images that may disturb some viewers"...

i livei nt he usa but download the supernnay UK ones. I love supernanny, hehe hence my name. anyway, i saw that one. it was disgusted but didnt bother me. my older son actually used to do the same thing for attention. little sods they were!!