Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Why are there not any vaccines for salmonella or e.coli etc?

I was under the impression that the bacteria doesn't change like viruses do...why can't they make vaccines for them?

Good question, they do make vaccines for some bacterial illnesses like anthrax, diptheria, lyme's disease and probably others I'm forgetting, but not for these. Maybe someone knows why not...I don't, seems like it would be easier than a moving target like flu or norovirus.

Well, there are different types of e.coli, including the type that EVERYONE has in their digestive tract...but I have no idea about salmonella...
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think partly because the incidence of infection is so low compared to other bacteria.

also, think about this--the exact same types of e.coli that can make people so sick exist naturally in the digestive tract! It's only when the bacteria get into the bloodstream that they cause illness. the problem is, you make a vaccine for this bacteria, (I believe) it would kill the bacteria in the digestive tract as well and make you more sucseptible to illness! go figure... [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]maybe there's a reason like that for salmonella as well, I don't know.