Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Any Difference

Can someone tell me if Gagging on a tablet is the same as heaving as in *V* ? I gag on my tablets and it just made me wonder.
    Carol

I don't think so. I've gagged many times without v*ing. (during a coughing fit, for example). The heaving that happens when I v* feels entirely different. Also, heaving seems to involve the whole abdomen, whereas gagging just seems to be in the back of my throat.
    Hope that made sense!

I gagged on a capsule this morning. Freaked me out although it's not the same. I can't swallow capsules. Has to be tablets. BLEH

Thank you, i often gag on my tablets and just wondered if it was the same thing. Mind you that isn't a nice feeling either but it doesn't put me off takng meds again the next day.

My sister always always gags on pills. She even had trouble with her tiny birth control for a while.
    I don't usually have a problem but when it "sticks" I start gagging. LOL

I've heard of kids that gagged until they made themselves v*, but they had to transition from one to the other. basically like too much coughing can cause v* in kids. I used to think they were the same thing, but they feel different.

Heaving to me feels like the hiccups. But when I get the hiccups I don't panic for some reason.
    JANNA