Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok I know it's a small step, but I know you guys will understand. Today my cat Linus is sick. Normally if the cat gets sick, my husband cleans it. But he's at work today. So when I found the mess on the carpet, I had to clean it up. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Well I probably used about 3 times the amount of paper towels than a normal person would have used to, but I DID IT!! I was shaky, but proud of myself for getting through it. Then about 3 hours later he started acting strange. I knew he was going to be sick again, and I got him in the kitchen. I actually saw it happen. Normally I would have run out of the room. I cleaned up that mess too.It was gross, but I didn't have an anxiety attack. Which is a HUGE improvement compared to a few years ago. Unfortunantly I have to go to work now, and my husband won't be home for a few hours. I hope Linus doesn't ruin anything while he's home alone. Poor little sick kitty. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

YEAH...good for you!!! That is a big step for anyone who suffers from this awful phobia.

I just had a similar experience with my dog (husband was sleeping -- and unfortunately for me he is a very sound sleeper). I too used more cleaning products than a "normal" person would -- tons of paper towels followed by petstain carpet cleaner (then even used Arm & Hammer Carpet Freshener just in case - LOL).

I hope that your cat is well now (stupid hairballs) and am very happy for you and your accomplishment!!!!

Good job!!!!! I am proud of you.

I think I am a weird emet because I can handle cats and
    dogs.

I can't handle humans.

-Stefanie

\"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.\"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.