Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Newbie....

Hybrid View

Hi all

I'm 33 years old and live in the UK. I've had Emetaphobia since my 1st daughter was born in December 2003, although i've probably always had a fear. Just not as bad as it has been the last 5 years.
    I absolutely dread the winter months for fear of all the winter bugs that seem to be around. I'm also anxious more so this year because my daughter started at infant school in September so it will be the first proper year she's been surrounded by so many more children than when she was at pre-school.

I've tried CBT, Acupuncture, Hypnotherapy, but nothing seems to work. I always feel slightly better in the summer, but not great. I have panic attacks and constantly feel anxious.

Am glad I found this site as I think you'll all be a great support during the winter months!

xx

hiya, i've not been a member of this site for long and i've found it has helped me in a little way.

My son also started primary school this year, so i know exactly how you are feeling. I spend every day dreading a phonecall to say he is ill. and then the nights worried that he'll get up ill. I just have to keep telling myself to chill!!!

i hope you find the site useful hon if you need anything pm me xx

Hello! I lurk here more than I post but I'm in a similar situation as both of you.

I have 2 children, one is 5 and just started Kindergarten this year. The other is 3 and just started preschool. Like Krisan, I spend every day dreading the call from the school nurse and I spend every night hardly sleeping because I'm waiting for one of them to be ill.

I remember when my oldest started kindergarten, I was so overcome with anxiety and guilt. Anxiety because she would be going to public school and be surrounded by 800 other children every day. And then guilt because I was more worried about sv* than my baby starting school.

It's such a frustrating and sad life to lead. It helps to know that we're not alone.

my daughter is 16 months old.. i'm dreading her starting school/nursery!! i've always thought i was the only one that felt this way.. i thought i was just selfish.. i don't leave the house often because of emet, and people have made me feel bad about it because i have a daughter and i should care about her more..
    it's nice to read about other people who feel the same =)

Welcome to the site!! I have 4 children ages from 18 to 10 years old. It is hard when they start school and we cant be there to make sure they wash their hands every time but if you instill good hand washing habits early on, it will just become automatic for them.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.