Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: So Scared !

Hi everyone. I'm kinda new on this board, not to this hideous phobia though. On saturday night (midnight) my stomach started churning and it felt hot inside. I don't mean to be gross but I gagged when the nausea came (hadn't done that in ten years). My sister came down to help me (she knows how severe my phobia is) and then she became ill. Since then, she has been sick about seven or eight times (the first three times she made herself). It's now monday night and I still haven't been sick. I am scared beyond belief. This morning I forced myself to eat four plain crackers (first time I'd eaten since saturday dinner) and it wasn't too bad, but this afternoon I ate one slice of plain white bread and it made me feel worse. I got a huge wave of nausea in my tummy. The nausea comes and goes, but when it comes, my God does it come. This is the worst I've ever felt in my life, and I'm more scared than I've ever been. The fact that the bread had that effect, does this mean it's getting worse? Does it mean I am definitely gonna be sick? What do you think is gonna happen?

abbi x

I'm sorry that you are feeling unwell. Try to keep your mind off it by doing something you enjoy (watch a favorite TV show, read a book, listen to music). I would think that if you were to get s* it would have happend by now.

Did you and your sister eat the same thing on Saturday? Or were you BOTH around someone who was ill? And how is your sister feeling today?

Anyway, I know how you feel and perhaps maybe taking some Emetrol (sugar water) and laying down will help.

Hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Kellygirl

plain white bread I believe is actually harder to diges than other breads. you might stick to crackers (saltines or ritz) and maybe try a little bit of applesause or banana. though if you haven't v* by now, it is very unlikely that you will as long as you are careful not to eat too much.

Thanks guys! At first we thought it was the burgers we ate saturday afternoon, but my bro had the same meal and he was fine. I couldn't think of anyone who had been ill, but my sis told me my neighbours sons had it last week, and she came over to our house a couple of days ago. I think my sis is feeling a little better, she's asleep, but I'm way too scared to go to bed.

Hey everyone. I somehow made it through the night, I actually slept. This morning I ate toast and this afternoon, my mum practically force-fed me baxtors chicken soup. Theres still some nausea, lingering, but I also feel really weak, and lacking in energy. It's like if I walk up the stairs, it makes me sort of ache and I get tired and also my stomach hurts. This is really scaring me? Why do you think this is?

abbi x

Also my stomach feels sorta jumpy, like a jelly.

Every time I eat white bread I get a stomach ache.I have no clue why.

And your stomach might feel like jelly from anxiety.Anxiety causes much of my stomach aches/ nausea.