Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Some of you know that I've been ill this week, didn't actually be s*, but the worst nausea of my life. I know for a fact it was real, you just know, and also my sis got ill the same time as me. Now I've just realised the day I got sick, I started taking codeine for toothache (first time I've ever taken this pill). I can't believe I forgot this. Today I've taken four of them because the pain has been so bad. Guys, what if it was the codeine that made me sick? I am so scared it's unbelievable. I can't believe I could be so stupid.Edited by: abbi

If you eat with the codeine it should keep them from making you ill. If you take them on an empty stomach they definitely can...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've gotten sick from taking Ibuprophen on an empty stomach before--it's possible what you are feeling is from them, especially if I remember right and you said you didn't really eat anything those days. however, if the ones you took today are going to make you sick, it would most likely be quite quickly after you took them. when I got sick from Ibuprophen I started to get sick immediately after I took it. so if you are fine in a couple of hours, it probably wasn't them.

also, if you and your sister got sick at the same time, it is likely from either food, or you were both exposed to the same germs at some point. that happened to me and my sister back in Feb. when we both worked in the nursery at church on the same day.

I ate normally on saturday when I took the codeine. And I've ate pretty well today. I just can't believe what I've done, the thought of going through that again is unbearable.

I agree that your n etc the otehr day was either something you ate or a virus especially since your sister had it too. Also if it were the codiene you should have been sick feeling by now. I've taken it for tooth pain years ago and was fine (I know everyones different) but also like tessa said if it were that, especailly since youv'ehad four through out the day I think it would have done something by now. Hope this helps!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I hope ur right. I can't believe I took the tablets again. It has to be the dumbest thing I've ever done. Now I can't go to bed, I will sit here waiting to see if the stomach pains and nausea comes. I'm so fed up.

well, it's been a couple hours since you took them right? you should be safe by now. it's usually pain medicine's irritating effect on the stomach that causes n* or v*. and since it should have passed your stomach by now, you're probably fine.

I can't take Percocet and found that out the hard way right after my foot surgery (was supposed to stay off it for three days -- well that's kinda hard when you have to SPRINT to the bathroom).

I would think since you have been taking them for days now that they will not make you s*!!! I was s* the very first day with Percocet (which I believe contains codeine).

Make sure you eat with them -- maybe some rolaids/tums/pepto will help if your stomach becomes irritated.

Hope you feel better soon -- also hope you are going to get that tooth fixed so you can get off those pain meds!!!

Thanks everyone. I don't think it was the codeine after all. It really must have been an sv*. I'm going the dentist tomorrow morning, I hope he doesn't give me any meds because then I will be worrying all over again.