Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Oh no!My mum says we're going to go to this theme park tomorrow and my sisters are really exited, but I always have a really bad time. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I always worry that someone will v* or I will and so I'm always reluctant to go on the rides so it ruins it for everyone else. I know I'm selfish but I can't help it. I don't ever say anything but they can tell. Plus it's easter, the place will be packed. I know this is really bitchy of me to say this but I hope it rains tomorrow. I'm depressed now.[img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]My comment below is a lie at the moment. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I understand. I hate feeling that way. YOU AREN'T SELFISH! lol.

no no no. Don't think that. It's part of the phobia. I hate themeparks, especially with kids around, I only go at night when all the kids are gone! You don't have to go on any rides...maybe tell your mom and dad how you are feeling?

I remember what I hated about them was all the noise, so many different noises it would make me all dizzy and panicky. Ugh!

Good Luck!

But I can't go at night 'cos it takes like 2 hours to get there and I can't drive, I'm 13. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]But thank you so much for the advice anyway! I'm gonna go to sleep now. I'll let you know what happens tomoz.

You are a young one! I'm sure you will be okay. Bring a water bottle and something to eat, and try to enjoy yourself!

But yea, let us know how it went!

I hate theme parks for the same reasons you do although my family doesnt really care if I don't go on the rides. Most of my family doesnt enjoy rides so we mainly play games. If you aren't comfortable riding then don't ride. Just tell your parents and sisters that. They can't force you and I'm sure your mom will understand. If it makes you feel better- ask your mom to buy you some Dramamine so you can ride on the rides. My aunt used to take that to prevent her from getting sick and it worked. You'll be fine. Go and have fun and don't do anything that makes you scared. Let us know how it goes.

Haha god, we used to go to the fair everyweek, n I hated the rollercoasters... (I went for the skyrides n other kindsa stuff that doesnt make ya feel sick) but still got talked into a few. Umm.. oh god, n a huge boat swing affair at camalot. Thats the closest by far Ive ever come to puking on a fairground ride. Scream, it takes ya mind off it.

Seriously tho, youre not being selish refusing to go on a ride you dont wanna. Youre not spoiling someone elses enjoyment if you dont wanna, youe friends/ family wouldnt want ya to feel uncomfy/ unhappy on a ride, when theyre tryin to talk u into it theyre not really thinkin about it, make them stop n think.

Oh, n on ppl puking near ya or whatever, In months of goin to fairgrounds almost every week I never ever saw or heard nethin, apart from the enthusiastic cries of ppl complaining that they were gonna throw up (usually my friends) but somehow they never were.

I am sure that I am late on this one but don't ever feel selfish. My mom though I didn't know it at the time knew that Ihad a phobia and tried to cure me by making me feel guilty. Of course that didn't work. I am sure that yourparents will understand or try to if you talk to them

Hehehe just think you are saving money on ride tickets if you decide not to. I went to a big British columbia summer fair with ALL my family from the mainland for like 13 years and I think maybe once I saw something on the sidewalk but REALLY I think someone tripped on the step and s[illed there icecream. I also never got ill or I avoided the ones that I thought I might. I also took Gravol(aka Dramamine aka Travel Tabs aka Many other names) and it helped.

I also found that if you get sleepy from it take one the night before you sleep from it then take one just before you leave and you won't get sleepy. At least that is what worked for me.

Update us on how it went

YOU ARE NOT SELFISH!!! HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

I've never really had the fear too bad. Of course, I'm scared of someone
    getting sick near me, but I love the rides. I do avoid the big roller coasters
    though, cause I'm a wuss
    <font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.</font>
    —Seneca</font>

Thanks for all your replies guys! But now my sister has been grounded so we're not going any more. I'm kind of dissapointed though 'cos I've been psyching myself up all night. Oh well. "sigh" lol

aww no thats a shame, it might hav helped ya a little bit.

i used to feel really selfish wen i went to the Theme parks with my friends andi wud always ruin it for them, bcause i wud not go on ONE SINGLE ride! they finally managed to get me on the teacups, only wen they PROMISED they wudnt twiddle it round. rollercoasters are a HUGE no-no. luckily my friends hav stopped going there now.

mind you, all the timei was there, i never saw neone who was ill =| mayb i was just lucky.

Jen xxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

There was a change of plans! My sister apologised for whatever she did and we went. It was soooooooooooo crowded! We got on 4 rides all day! Still I'm glad I did it, it was a helpful experience.