Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi. Does anyone here know the expiration dates of anti depressants? I havent been taking mine for around a month or two now and I'm really starting to sink back down into a deep depression so I was thinking about starting back up. The only thing is the pills are about 6 months or older and are from my previous prescriptions. Should I take them or call the my doctor for a new prescription? I do have a prescription for 100mg tablets but I need to start off at 25MG so I would need 50MG tablets--which I have. What should I do? Take the older ones or call and ask for new ones--which means I'll have to explain why I wasn't taking them in the first place. Uhhh. The messes I get myself into. Well--any advice? I just dont want to take the older ones if they could make me sick.

i think you should defenitely only start up again with the Doctors supervision, i know its tricky havin to explain why u stopped taking them, but its better to be safe than sorry dont ya think?

thats the advice iv ALWAYS been given, dont mess around with anti-depressants, whether its upping or lowering the dose WITHOUT ur doctor giving the all clear.

Jen xxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm a freaking ass for not taking them. All this time I've been saying I've been taking them. So should I wait until May 19th--my next appointment or should I explain to my mom the situation--let her bitch at me and then get her to call for a prescription of 50MG tablets? Sorry. I'm just lost and dont really know what I should do.

I think you should not wait until May 19 if you are pretty down right now. I also agree with Jenneh that you should probably call the doctor. The pills probably are still ok, but you don't know for sure. The doctor may even say that the pills you have are still good.

As for your mom, just explain to her that you thought you were better and did'nt need them, but you have realized your mistake and you are sorry.

I think we have all done that before. We think we don't need them because we feel better, so we quit. Then we realize the reason we were feeling better was because of the medication.

Good Luck!
    Debbie

Why don'tyou call your pharmacist, or any pharmacist? I have had doubts about expiration dates before, and they are the ones who know those sorts of details about meds - sometimes even more than the docs.
    Soluene

If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill

Yup don't wait these things happen and will be better for you in the long run to see the doc as soon as possible.

DO call the pharmacist they will know the date without a problem I worked in a pharmacy and I got a few calls asking about the dates. They pills if stored properly will usually last 2 years but that will also depend on the date of the meds that were on the pharmacy shelf and that is kept track of.

The next time you get a prescription you can ask to have the expiration dates added to the bottle so that you will always know. They will make a note on your file so that it will always be done.

Gl with your check up
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

I was watching oprah yesterday and they said you shouldnt keep any medication after a month its expired.

I think you should go back to your doc anyways.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I dont think anti ds go outta date too fast, look for a expiration date on the box perhaps? or on the pack of tablets itself? like where they have it on painkillers?

Thanks all for the responses. I think I'll wait until May 19th to tell my psychiatrist. Don't want to get lectured by my mom or anyone else. Mistakes happen but in my house I pay for them with a long lecture and its so BORING. lol. Thanks again Edited by: mystikal star