Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi, this is my first post. I am in Ireland and I just googled my fear and this came up thank God!!! My problem is that my daughter became ill at 5.am on friday morning. My husband was away on business and wasnt due back till lunch that day..anyway i looked after her as i always do rubbing her back and holding her head. She was sick until 5 that day and then slept the next day she was as right as rain..I took all the usual precautions of handwashing and bleaching everything. I haven't eaten since she as sick as I am so worried I have caught it. How do we know if it was Norovirus or Rotavirus or can you tell? Thanks guys.

I'm not sure you can tell without testing. But reassure yourself you took all possible precautions. Also I can tell you when we were kids and would have sv my mom took care of us and NEVER caught it ... EVER! And she's not an emet so I doubt she took all of the same precautions.

As for not eating, please do, even if its only lite things, but try to make them healthy foods. Some emets dont eat but that actually is bad for your immune system and from what I hear dry heaving is worse than ving plus theres a very good chance you didn't catch anything.

Hope this helps and welcome to the site! Everyone here is amazing!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I agree, I think you took all the precautions and you should be find. My Mom took care of my three siblings and I every time we were sick(many, many times) and she NEVER caught it either! I was and still am amazed! I think you will be ok.

how old is your daughter? viruses that make kids very sick often have little or no effect on adults (noro would make even an adult sick for more than 12 hours) so it was likely one of the milder bugs.

Aw thanks so much guys.i havent been sick so far touch wood (then wash hands ha ha)!!!! My daughter is 6 so always brining yeuchy stuff home from school.

Im glad your ok Dinkey xxx [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It really is amazing isn't it? I have three brothers and my mom took very good care of us when we were sick. She would even sleep on my bedroom floor the whole time I was sick. I don't EVER remember her coming down with it. I only hope that I will be able to take care of my (future) kids that well.

wow you did great to stay with her Glad hse ok and so are you it doesn't sound like roto that tends to happen in small children i.e. 1/2/3 nd noro includes project v* so it is just your bog standard 24 hour tummy bug!
    Its me in the Pink Sparkly top!Do I look like an emet!No-1 even noes what it is!Where do u begin?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well I think a rotavirus lasts a lot longer than a norovirus, I once had a rotavirus for a month, but I was very young so I can't remember it, thank god[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Lauren xx