Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So...I just drank a glass of milk for the first time in about six months...now I feel awful. I know lots of other people (non-emets included) can get n* from milk, but I have some other foods that make me feel bad as well; I was wondering if anyone else has problems with these or any other foods or could suggest why they make me feel ill...
    - raw apples
    - milk (obviously)
    - thick yoghurt (the runnier ones aren't so bad if I only have a small serve...oh, and yoghurt is the same as milk, really [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] )
    - pineapple
    - strawberries
    - plain water, especially at room temperature

I have loads more but can't think of any now. I thought maybe my stomach doesn't like the acidity in the fruit, but I start feeling n* as soon as I swallow these things. I don't remember any really unpleasant v* experiences with any of them, and the problem has only started within the past year or so.

Anyway, do you guys all have a list as well?

I just want to warn against this kind of post, as it might make people more scared of foods that they weren't before. And, many people here don't eat enough as it is! When I first read this, I thought, Oh no! I eat an apple every day. What if it makes me sick? Then, I realized how ridiculous that was. I just don't want anyone getting more scared. Hope you understand what I mean, and that I am not attacking or criticizing. And, I hope you feel better! :-)
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Milk does it to me too. I drink it pretty much everyday anyways. Not white milk though. It has to be chocolate milk. If I have something heavy like ice cream or a milkshake it gats real bad. I don't really get n* But i get what I call "milk stomach" Its like I get bloated and gassey right away. I think I have a bit of lactose intolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by harmonygirl72
    I just want to warn against this kind of post, as it might make people more scared of foods that they weren't before. And, many people here don't eat enough as it is! When I first read this, I thought, Oh no! I eat an apple every day. What if it makes me sick? Then, I realized how ridiculous that was. I just don't want anyone getting more scared. Hope you understand what I mean, and that I am not attacking or criticizing. And, I hope you feel better! :-)
    I agree 100%
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

i also agree with harmony girl.
    i happen to love yogurt, and it's a comfort food of mine. it's loaded with
    probiotics to keep your digestive system healthy and it's lactose-free.
    when i read what wallflower wrote regarding yogurt, i got a little
    nervous. it freaks me out to know it may make people n*. idk why. i
    know it doesn't make me n*, but now i'm going to think of this every
    time i eat yogurt lol

Fine, fine. I did think about all that when I made the thread, but thought it could just be a discussion. I know this sounds like I'm sulking, but I'm not - I've decided I'm going to delete my profile on these forums if possible; as it seems no matter what I type people criticise or write my questions off as stupid, or I give people the wrong advice or...make them panic more. Sorry, everybody.

Please, that is not at all what I intended to do. I think I (and newslang and princesspnk) may even be outnumbered on this one, because it seems many people on these sites post things such as that. You are still welcome to discuss anything you want. Maybe it will help you figure out why certain foods make you feel bad. But, I would guess that anxiety is what is making you feel bad. I know it sure makes me feel n*. Anyway, PLEASE don't leave over that. I certainly did not think your post was stupid, I just wanted to make people aware that sometimes things like that might make people more afraid than they already are (like the yogurt and apple examples). I am sorry if it seemed like a harsh criticism. I did not intend it that way.

Mary

dont worry, as they say you can't please everyone but maybe in future, at the top of your post you could put like a disclaimer i.e. this post may worry somepeople that way you can't be held responsible for what you type. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] don't leave tho wallglower i think often you make a good contribution [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] dnt throw your teddies out of th cot now! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Its me in the Pink Sparkly top!Do I look like an emet!No-1 even noes what it is!Where do u begin?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dont leave! it didnt bother me just like heartsolivia said put a little warning no harm done hun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wallflower, please dont leave. Im sure we have all written something that has offended 1 person or another, that is what makes us all different. Opinions are JUST that, opinions. No harm done so please stay [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi

Yes! And, I wasn't offended at all. I was only trying to warn people about that kind of thing. I apologize.

aw, if water made me nauseas, I don't know what I would do! I love water!

ok well, i guess if people would get freaked, they wouldn't still be reading it.

I personally get nauseas over eating fruits and veggies.I don't know why, I can eat a salad and be fine but if I eat carrots alone or something my tummy hurts.

I'm not really lactose intolerant but *sometimes* my tummy will get upset if I eat ice cream or milk.

Nothing major to even worry about.Just little stomach aches that don't worry me.

wallflower - no need to leave the forum. I offend most people most of the time with my political views on many other internet forums and usually in real life, so it's hard to please everyone!

Eating very hot/cold things can make me nauseous if I'm not used to it. Usually it's eating things too quickly that makes me feel sick, but generally, as long as I eat slowly, I can eat most foods.

Personally I love milk - I can drink gallons of the stuff. I find it quite soothing on my stomach as it feels like it's coating the stomach lining. Also, I just love the taste.

I'm mildly lactose intolerant, so ALL things dairy give me an upset stomach. I can generally digest things made with nonfat or very low fat milk okay, though. I only keep skim milk in the house, but I don't drink it, I just put it in my coffee.

yeah im midly lactose intolerent so most dairy things make me little off, but i just make sure i eat sumit else with thm and im fine i try not think certain foods make me feel bad so i wont eat them, cuz i dont rly believe tht a certain food will make you ill unless you are allergic to it, i try to be open minded bout food and not let this phobia get in the way of it. i love good food one of the best parts of life lol

personally, i cannot STAND pillsbury grand toaster stroodles. even thinking about one makes me n*. god formid i see the commercial on tv. i kinda dont like gummy bears, idk why, but sometimes they are okish.