Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello everyone...
    I'm back again.
    Now, I don't know what is happening to me since saturday (today is almost wednesday) that I felt headache and hudge nausea. Of course I didn't eat nothing.
    I just ate a little bit of soup and I had diarrea.

My question is: is Dramamine completely secure?

My phobia is getting worse every year. Now I completely refise to go to the doctor, because if I go out of my home when I feel bad, I start to get VERY nervous and then all sintoms of panic atacks come over me.
    very hard to deal with this...
    very hard to live like this...

please, help.
    Edited by: fitamia

what do you mean by secure? will it prevent you from vomiting? Usually. every anti-emetic works different on everyone. Dramamine is pretty good as is Benadryl (same main ingredient). but you will just have to try different ones and see what works best for you.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I think Dramamine is very trustworthy. I do think you should try to get yourself to a therapist. It is so hard to live this way, but I think it could get better. What do you think? Do you think you could try it?
    JANNA

Actually, I was very close to V* many times, but I have already 18 years with no V*, Tks God.
    Dramamine works very good to me, but I always feel the sensation that "something can happen and I'll not control the V*"... even if I take dramamine... that's why I would love to hear from you guys... you opinion can make me feel more confident.
    Janna, about a therapist... I had a lot of treatment already... I can be better sometimes, but when I start to get nervous frequently and when I get sick all the time, my phobia comes hard... and I just keep myself at home since I get better and confident... Therapy here in Brazil is very expensive and I can't pay ot all the time...
    But tks a lot for the advice. I woke up better this morning.
    Shirley

i have used it many many times...even with food poisoning.

And it always worked 100% for you?

so far knock on wood for the past 6 years!!!

I just bought some less drowsy formula.6 bucks for 6 tabs is a bit much but so better work! lol

The less drowsy is more expensive, but its a good idea if you're driving/boating. Stuff is also supposed to be long lasting. My mom used to use it to help with vertigo years ago. They were called antivert back then and were Rx only...I think that's the same drug(antivert/meclizine but not 100% positive)

I tend to take Dramamine quite frequently, and it does wonders for me, but I think it works differently for everyone. I talked to this woman on youtube who works in the medical field, and she told me that emets are incapable of vomiting because we lack the connection in our brains. I don't know how true this is and I don't trust it, but she says she went through two pregancies and didn't ever. If you haven't in 18 years, than you should be okay especially with Dramamine.

Doug(gumdropper1) has a small website devoted to v*ing and emetophobia. It sure seems like we CAN v* but that we need to be a lot sicker than most other people to do so. Last winter was the first time I had V*ed since 1997 and the time before that was 1990.

http://emetophobia.bravepages.com/

^^^Doug's site. Amazingly helpful.

Hi jkl81!
    Did you v* in 1990 and 1997 and also last winter?
    Oh, that's bad to hear...
    How much suffering.
    You think you can't control yourself to not to v*?
    Regards.

Gone like the F-U-C-K-E-N wind.Edited by: tiki

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ginger works great, try that and its not expensive either.
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would love to hear about something that we can have and never V* again in our lifes. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I was thinking...
    This is the only difficult I have in life.
    Edited by: fitamia

I basically live on dramamine when I feel sick. It works very well.
    *Mandi*

I'd rather work towards not being afraid of v* than never v* again. Anyway, I've never v* after taking a dramamine.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

If I could *either* not be afraid of v* OR never v* again my life would be much easier! No I don't think I have the self control not to v* with a genuine case of noro of serious FP, but maybe with strong enough anti-emetics it would work.

Yes, everybody, emetophobes can v*! I've been emetophobic for as long as I can remember, and I did it a couple weeks ago. Although it sucks, you should know that it is not the end of the world. I felt OK the next day. I'm not cured, but once it was over, it didn't seem like such a big deal. I think that nausea is worse than actually v*.